Sponsored

Guide Contacted: R1S Ocean Coast | OCT/DEC | Confirm your Config email at 12am Oct 1st

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

I am OC and got the email to lock 3 weeks ago and a guide assigned
My R1T OC config was locked 9/1, and on 9/30 I got to begin the Eight Steps. Maybe you'll get good news in another week?
Sponsored

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

UPDATE - Got a text from guide - phone call tomorrow. Not a fluke - she said I'm one of the first R1S Ocean Coast.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

UPDATE - Got a text from guide - phone call tomorrow. Not a fluke - she said I'm one of the first R1S Ocean Coast.
Don't know to congratulate you or send you condolences. Given some of the issues for the FE interior seat fit and finish, hope your OC comes in tip top shape!

Reactions: Rad

Laurent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
That's odd. My guide told me today that the R1S is "being produced exclusively with the black mountain interior". "We should start producing R1S with the Ocean Coast and Forest Edge Interior closer to the new year."

Last edited:

Sponsored

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Lucky and congrats!

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Clubs

That's odd. My guide told me today that the R1S is "being produced exclusively with the black mountain interior". "We should start producing R1S with the Ocean Coast and Forest Edge Interior closer to the new year."
I'm definitely going to probe more on the call tomorrow if they are 100% sure. I still feel like I'm going to get the if you change to BM we can get you one now.

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
Yep, I got the same response from my guide last week.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

We'll see. Batching some alternative interior colors on the R1S might help meet Q4 delivery targets from some of us rabid long time preorder holders. But I bet very little is as important as meeting that delivery target number of 25k by 12/31.

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Clubs

We'll see. Batching some alternative interior colors on the R1S might help meet Q4 delivery targets from some of us rabid long time preorder holders. But I bet very little is as important as meeting that delivery target number of 25k by 12/31.
Stay tuned - call with guide to confirm all this information in one hour (4:30 EST). I'll make sure she opens my order and possibly reach out to another guide to confirm or something.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Yep, I got the same response from my guide last week.
Your sig says "1H2023;" does that mean your guide said it likely wouldn't be until 2023? I took "closer to the new year" to mean Thanksgiving or later. But obviously nobody actually knows.

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
Your sig says "1H2023;" does that mean your guide said it likely wouldn't be until 2023? I took "closer to the new year" to mean Thanksgiving or later. But obviously nobody actually knows.
You know how vague they can beā€¦ but since I still didnā€™t have a revised window I kept pinging them about every 3 weeks. This last time they said it is realistically 1st half 2023, but probably on the earlier side of 2023 due to my early reservation date. They did offer me a vehicle in 8 weeks if I changed to BM interior and a different exterior color, which I declined. With those two data points one would assume only BM until closer to the new year. Always holding out hope for sooner, but trying to be realistic too.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

brothers and sisters.... have we still not learned yet that we need to take just about anything Rivian says with a grain of salt? CS, Guides and SC have limited info. and the info they have is often times inconsistent, outdated or just flat out wrong. this includes the OP possibly getting OC.

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Clubs

You know how vague they can beā€¦ but since I still didnā€™t have a revised window I kept pinging them about every 3 weeks. This last time they said it is realistically 1st half 2023, but probably on the earlier side of 2023 due to my early reservation date. They did offer me a vehicle in 8 weeks if I changed to BM interior and a different exterior color, which I declined. With those two data points one would assume only BM until closer to the new year. Always holding out hope for sooner, but trying to be realistic too.
Yeah, hopefully they didn't contact me just to tell me December delivery if I stick with OC

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
I suspect, they contacted you because they are getting closer to producing R1S' with your config - and they want to confirm the #'s / configs before producing them (make sure they have the correct mix).

I was contacted months ago - when I had an R1S LG/BM configuration. I was assigned a VIN and then the VERY NEXT DAY they made the OC announcement. So i switched - figuring the extra wait for what I really want will be a month or two. I expect to hear s00n on a assigned VIN.

Congrats on the Guide assignment, and let us know how it goes.
Sponsored