Guide call & PBA signed for R1S... mid-may delivery

CYoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I followed up with my Guide on this exact question. Sounds to me like "confirmed" is indicative of an internal process where the buyer's Locked configuration is matched with the production schedule. It's not clear to me that a specific VIN would have to be assigned, but certainly - there's a vehicle in the production plan that matches this person's exact "locked" configuration. I suppose a specific VIN could be assigned at a later time, but the important part is the vehicle in the production schedule is matched with a specific customer's vehicle.

At least that's how I interpret all of this. The fact that we don't yet have a PBA, says to me that our locked configuration hasn't yet been matched to a vehicle in the future production schedule. I don't know how far out that production schedule goes into the future, but I think it's common to have at least monthly and more often weekly fixed production schedules. No idea how Rivian does this.

For now, I'm remaining hopeful and patient. Most importantly I want a quality product. I've waited 3+ years - an extra month or so won't make a big difference 2 years from now.
According to my Guide, the PBA is sent when they have a "match" with production. The VIN isn't issued until it has been cleared by Quality Control. After it is cleared, you will get your VIN and 8-step will trigger.
Sponsored

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
I suppose a specific VIN could be assigned at a later time, but the important part is the vehicle in the production schedule is matched with a specific customer's vehicle.

At least that's how I interpret all of this. The fact that we don't yet have a PBA, says to me that our locked configuration hasn't yet been matched to a vehicle in the future production schedule. I don't know how far out that production schedule goes into the future, but I think it's common to have at least monthly and more often weekly fixed production schedules. No idea how Rivian does this.
This is basically what my guide told me when I asked her about my PBA. Though later she said she misspoke 🤔

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
For those that received PBAs after locking your config, when you say “locked” do you mean that you confirmed your build with your guide and your account now displays the follow?

I had my call with my guide on 4/4, confirmed my config, and see that message in my account—but I have not yet received my PBA.
My dates and current status is the same as you. Confirmed/locked on 4/4, no PBA.

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
Just received the PBA. Signed!

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I also locked on 4/4 with my guide. After reading too many messages today it seems people who locked with their guide a couple weeks ago did not get a PBA, while people locking this week received the PBA email around the same time they spoke with their guide and locked their config.

On a good note; I received my PBA email at 12:40pm today.

edit: I should note that I spoke with my guide yesterday (4/20) and was told he knows of no delay to my March/April delivery window. (The keyword is, "knows" of no delay)
Did you need to do anything to initiate the PBA with the Guide, or did it just come?

Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
Just received and signed my PBA!

StefanB

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Sales and BD
Received my PBA today. Didn't need to do anything with guide, came in email from Rivian. For what it is worth, my guide told me I would get the PBA when they have a vehicle on the line being made with my config. Rest of documents come once it is done building and in QC.

Order date: Feb 2019
Delivery estimate: Apr / May
Guide contact 4/12
PBA Signed: 4/21
Config: Launch Edition R1S, Launch Green, Ocean Coast Interior, 21" wheels, reinforced underbody and tow hooks. Bunch of accessories that will be sent later.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their R1S. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas day.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7

Jootunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S90, E63, GM6, GT4, Samurai

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

ejf128

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, GV70
Just got my PBA this afternoon as well. First call with my guide was on 4/4. Guide says a April delivery is still what he is showing. We will see.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
PBA signed!

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads