LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Sitting on a L.E. R1T reservation presently with a May/June delivery window. Awaiting a Guide contact so I can ask this very question, "What happens if I choose an R1S instead of R1T sticking with a Launch Edition?" I do expect to hear it has a delaying effect but wonder if a Guide will know enough to provide a real-time delivery window revision. Not just a generic statement like oh that will push your vehicle out awhile. But a more specific response like, "Your delivery window would change to July/Aug or Sept/Oct." I know even that kind of response is no guarantee but it would help me decide.

So wondering if anyone that has a Guide already has explored this scenario with them? Would welcome hearing real feedback from a Guide about this specific thing. I know that colors (paint & interior) may come into play. But still very curious about it.

I have purposely kept my configuration unchanged for L.E. R1T in LG. Toyed with idea of switching from LE green interior to Black Mtn wondering if that would accelerate my Guide contact. But I've been reluctant to change anything for fear of Rivian's bizarre system shuffling me out of line in a bad way.

So... has anyone asked this question of their Guide?
Or... can someone with active Guide contact now inquire in a "what-if" manner for a response?
Sponsored

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
I changed from a LE T to a LE S. Wasn’t a problem.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Guides are happy to make changes, but they can't give you an accurate projection of delayed timing, just "it may delay, can't say how long." They legitimately don't know. A full-blown model change throws a pretty big wrench in the production planning/schedule.

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
They arent planning their production cycle based on anyone's reservation (as evident by non-LE T's being made/delivered).

You will get slotted in the S line where it makes sense based on their unknown criteria of location/configuration/order date.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I would think changing closer to the delivery window would have a greater chance of impacting schedule. Best to change it ASAP.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Agree with others that your guide isn't likely to give you any meaningful guidance on this point.

I recall looking at the survey results after the windows were released to see how my R1S timeline (Jul-Sept) might change if I swapped to R1T. It looked like it would have been May/June. For what it's worth, I think you'd be looking at a Q3 R1S delivery.
Sponsored