Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Occupation
Finance
Which podcast?

I'm not talking about marketing content, just the facts pertaining to the performance of Rivian as a vehicle manufacturer. There's no question building a version 1.0 vehicle is complicated, but the issues in question pertain to mass production, quality, support, service, the ownership experience, the potential for Rivian to turn a profit and remain solvent, to retain existing investors and customers like Amazon, to bring in new capital before exhausting their options.

If you think Rivian is impressive, in anything other than the R1 vehicle design, which is a collaboration of numerous people, not just the chief sales officer, ok, well, this is an enthusiast forum and that's to be expected.

If you read beyond enthusiast forums and fan podcasts, if you watch the Munro teardown videos, I don't think all critics can be disregarded as smoking something.
Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Was walking around in LB last week and workers were busy working on the LB Hub.

The image attached doesn't do justice as they were walking on the roof and the interior is gutted now. Also, dozer was breaking up the existing concrete ground front of what used to be the entrance into the theater.

The last thing I'd read in the local LB fish wrap was that they were estimating opening by the end of the year (Rivian plan is September but there is too much work to go for that to happen).

Rivian R1T R1S Ground Breaks on Laguna Beach Hub RivianSouthcoastTheater

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
They’ll get lots of foot traffic that could turn into sales. However, as a place for owners to gather and attend events? Traffic and parking is a major pain in the ass there.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

They’ll get lots of foot traffic that could turn into sales. However, as a place for owners to gather and attend events? Traffic and parking is a major pain in the ass there.
It’s not all bad.

Just the summers.

And between Thanksgiving and Christmas. And between Christmas and early January. And late spring.

Did I miss anything?

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

There are 3 or 4 city pay lots within 200ft of the space, so it won't be terrible in the off-season.

Beach season, if you were really worried about it you could park in the free lots up the canyon and use the trolleys

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

On a sadder note, there was a young woman whose body was discovered by a construction worker over the weekend.
Investigation is still ongoing.
Sponsored