Sponsored

Grabbed a R1S Dual/Standard - Delivery Timing?

NorCalChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On Order: R1S Dual, Standard Range, Rivian Blue
After placing a deposit last July and holding out for the dual motor and standard range pack I just happened to be in the shop within minutes (if not seconds) after they released the standard packs. Jumped on a Rivian Blue with Ocean Coast as soon as I saw it and locked in my order. Excited to finally join the Rivian family!

Have a few questions for everyone, anyone else get a sense of true timing of delivery on these first batches of standard packs? I haven't read anything from anyone else placing an order on here or Reddit.

To report on my experience so far:

Locked in a R1S from the shop at 2:50pm PST on the 8th. At the time delivery estimate was 1-5 weeks. The next day at 10am I was surprised to get a text from the West Sacramento sevrice center that said "Good News, your Rivian is on-site and just going through it's inspection process and now is the perfect time to contact your guide and start working through the purchase process. Congrats on your new Rivian! It's finally here. :)"

At this point I hadn't been in contact with any guides and after some digging found the contact information in my account. I reached out via text and my guide stated he needs to confirm with the service center but I could get started on the purchase process in my account. Still didn't have access to the purchase process in my account and when I let him know he stated he needs to confirm the vehicle is really there. This was around noon on Friday the 9th and I still haven't heard anything.

Is this all typical of the process? Anyone else who grabbed one of the standard or standard+ get any notification that the vehicles are already at the service centers? I have a VIN in my account as well, so assuming that means it's out of the factory at the very least?
Sponsored

Reactions: MGA

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

After placing a deposit last July and holding out for the dual motor and standard range pack I just happened to be in the shop within minutes (if not seconds) after they released the standard packs. Jumped on a Rivian Blue with Ocean Coast as soon as I saw it and locked in my order. Excited to finally join the Rivian family!

Have a few questions for everyone, anyone else get a sense of true timing of delivery on these first batches of standard packs? I haven't read anything from anyone else placing an order on here or Reddit.

Locked in a R1S from the shop at 2:50pm PST on the 8th. At the time delivery estimate was 1-5 weeks. The next day at 10am I was surprised to get a text from the West Sacramento sevrice center that said "Good News, your Rivian is on-site and just going through it's inspection process and now is the perfect time to contact your guide and start working through the purchase process. Congrats on your new Rivian! It's finally here. :)"

At this point I hadn't been in contact with any guides and after some digging found the contact information in my account. I reached out via text and my guide stated he needs to confirm with the service center but I could get started on the purchase process in my account. Still didn't have access to the purchase process in my account and when I let him know he stated he needs to confirm the vehicle is really there. This was around noon on Friday the 9th and I still haven't heard anything.

Is this all typical of the process? Anyone else who grabbed one of the standard or standard+ get any notification that the vehicles are already at the service centers? I have a VIN in my account as well, so assuming that means it's out of the factory at the very least?
By "typical process", do you mean absolute chaos and a sense that no one knows what they are doing? Yes.

OP
OP
NorCalChris

NorCalChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
By "typical process", do you mean absolute chaos and a sense that no one knows what they are doing? Yes.
HA, good to know.

I've had 4 different Teslas and this reminds me of what it was like when I got my first one in early 2019.

OP
OP
NorCalChris

NorCalChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My Guide finally got back to me.

“It seems there was an error when you were notified that your vehicle was ready for delivery. After speaking with the delivery and service center teams, it is estimated at early March when your vehicle will be ready. As we approach that date, your tasks and account will open up, allowing you to start the purchase process.

I'm sorry for causing all the confusion on our side.”

Obviously very annoyed about this. 😒

Sponsored

240vPlug

Site Sponsor
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T Quad, 2024 Rivian R1S Quad
Occupation
Real Estate
Clubs

Congratulations! Sorry about the delivery timing mix up.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

The process plods along a bit but does get there. Expect the system to allow you to start the purchase process in a few weeks. How fast you complete this has little influence on how fast you will get the car but it is good to get the small things out of the way as they come up. You were smart to contact your guide for an actual status and location of the vehicle.

The only two items that matter timing-wise are insurance and payment. You should plan for those now but not do either of them. Get quotes on insurance when the process opens from your current carrier and you can do Rivian's as well. You will want to bind that shortly before your delivery date so you don't pay insurance on a car you don't own for too long. Payment is the same. Either right before you take delivery or take a cashier's check with when picking up.

Chrisy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM

I had a similar experience. The config I have ordered from the R1T shop was en-route to my SC when I ordered it (did not know at that time, learned later from SC).
I got a text from SC 2 days later that my truck is at the SC and they will start prepping. My guide had zero clue about it at this point of time and told me the truck is still at Normal, IL.

Never the less could start the buying process maybe the same day. Everything went smooth and about a week later I picked up the truck (SC needed some time to prep it after it arrived on the trailer).

Point is, trust what your SC tells you. Guides are lagging behind.
And when your account will tell you can start the buying process you can be rest assured your VIN is at your SC :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
NorCalChris

NorCalChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good info, thanks!!!

Eric9610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Tesla MY, MB E350, MB S550
Clubs

A friend just ordered a DM SP R1T the day they opened and he was told early March also.
We found out all SR and SR+ units are at the factory. Confirmed by Rivian Guide.

also it sounds like if you did not get one now you won’t see it till after the factory reopens.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NorCalChris

NorCalChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And the saga continues… just received this text-

“Hello, I'm the delivery manager here in Sacramento. I apologize for the confusing information over the past couple of days. Your vehicle is in deed here at our Sacramento location! We can get you scheduled first thing Friday morning 2/16 is that still works for you?”

so we’ll see. Still no access to get the purchase process started.

OP
OP
NorCalChris

NorCalChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And the saga continues… just received this text-

“Hello, I'm the delivery manager here in Sacramento. I apologize for the confusing information over the past couple of days. Your vehicle is in deed here at our Sacramento location! We can get you scheduled first thing Friday morning 2/16 is that still works for you?”

so we’ll see. Still no access to get the purchase process started.
Knew it! The manager just called. It is NOT there. I'm in disbelief how bad it is.

OP
OP
NorCalChris

NorCalChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 15 update on all this drama: So the R1S is definitely NOT there. I went to the service center and checked all the vins of R1Ss myself to confirm. At this point I'm not going to trust what they tell me unless I see it myself.

I, obviously, am not happy about all this. Two times in a row I've been told the vehicle was there when it wasn't. This latest time, the service canter manager claims he made a mistake because of a change in their system.

The manager offered to get me a loaner R1 to use until my R1S arrives... tempted to take him up on the offer. But part of me feels like what is the point. Anyone else manage to get anything out of Rivian because of delivery issues? When I got my 2019 Telsa Model 3, Tesla ended up giving me a service credit that I used on accessories because of numerous delays and delivery issues with paint.

OP
OP
NorCalChris

NorCalChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
February 23 update: Two weeks and one day since order.

Decided to check in with my Guide on any kind of update to the delivery timing. Sent a message on Monday, got a response first thing Tuesday morning that was It is still on track for delivery the first week of March and "In the meantime, we can start working on your tasks. It looks like we can get your registration and mailing address, financing and insurance going". Checked my account immediately after receiving the message and sure enough, nothing. So within about 60 second of receiving the text I text back that I don't have access.

Then comes the usual silence. After more than two full days I reach out again and still nothing. At this point I called the CS line and asked to speak with a manager, was promised a call back in one hour that didn't happen. Called two hours later and was again promised a call back by EOD. Again, nothing... so 5 min before Rivian's business close I chat online and the agent tells me I should have never been promised a call back that quickly, that it takes 24-48 hours. :rolleyes:

So we'll see if I actually get to talk to some kind of manager today. From everything I've read, looks like most guides are pretty unresponsive. But still want to push to get assigned a new one that will at least aknowledge my messages in a timely manner, even if they don't have an answer.
Sponsored