Sponsored

Got to drive an R1T **(not R1S)** yesterday - Dang!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

well … shit (fixed the title)

I’ll just go back to reading the forum instead of posting until my Rivian shows up…
Nice save.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Polar

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I will say, I do hope my R1S when it shows up some day does drive as well as the R1T.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I’ve been an EV convert since buying my 2012 Leaf.

Currently driving both a MachE and C40 - the R1S is at another level! It was truly ridiculous the performance of that truck.

I cannot wait to get my R1S now!

/well shit - R1T - my damn autocorrect changed it to R1S since I type that way more - put away the pitchforks, I didn’t proofread the title. It’s been fixed.
Pitchfork and machete are back in the shed. What are your thoughts on truck vs your other vehicles?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Polar

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Pitchfork and machete are back in the shed. What are your thoughts on truck vs your other vehicles?
The power delivery is ridiculous - I’ve only been in one vehicle faster 0-60 and it was a heavily modified BMW 240M.

It’s a truck, so even in sport mode it didn’t corner as well as my MachE, but for a truck compared to a 2016 Tundra it’s amazing. That battery tray plants it. This model was rolling 21” with the all-terrains.

The motorized vent controls are a bit much, just something else to fail down the road in my opinion.

Interior was spacious for a compact truck and hurray ventilated seats!!!!

I only spent about 30 min in the truck, did some 0-60 pulls and completely illegally maxed out the speed limiter on highway 520 - 112MPH on the dash.

Of course when we parked it there was an update pending estimating 75 min and warning that many functions would be disabled during the process.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It’s a truck, so even in sport mode it didn’t corner as well as my MachE, but for a truck compared to a 2016 Tundra it’s amazing. That battery tray plants it. This model was rolling 21” with the all-terrains.
I haven't been in another truck, but mine has the 22's and it definitely handles extremely well. Thanks for validating my decision to not get the 21's.

OP
OP
Polar

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I know. Not the forum for it but wanted to show you a pic of my R1T I thought you would like.

67486CC6-2726-474C-A89E-ADABAA92DE90.jpeg
You bring up a phenomenal point -

my wife and I are convinced that the R1S looks like Sir Axelrod from Cars 2!

Sponsored

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

omg love it!

@kurtlikevonnegut how about this one?

@abirozy how are you liking the truck so far? any major issues?
I will send you the link to the sunshade later. It is not perfect but it is cute.

As far as the truck, so far so good. I haven't been able to use it too much as I had it in the tint / ppf shop for a week and I am in trial in a courthouse where I don't trust the parking so just keeping the truck at home and using the Tesla till trial over. Got to use it over the weekend though and love it.

I think I do have the wind noise issue others have mentioned though and don't think my wireless charging pad has ever worked (not spotty, but at all). All in all though, love it.

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

You bring up a phenomenal point -

my wife and I are convinced that the R1S looks like Sir Axelrod from Cars 2!
Yes. Lost packet and I has seen a post with a similar shade and it was too small. I finally got my Rivian Blue and found a slightly larger one and could not resist.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs