SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We have finally gotten a confirmed R1T. It was actually a factory orphan in the R1 Shop. It was exactly our configuration. We now have it locked in for Factory delivery. She is a 2023 that was very recently produced. Her VIV ends: PN022xxx. We plan to take delivery at the Factory in Normal sometime in the next several weeks.

Brian
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Wow. I can honestly say I have been waiting for this announcement. Congrats!

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Congrats! Let us know how the factory pickup goes. I've signed up for that myself and am looking forward to it - whenever the power tonneau goes back in production.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

We have finally gotten a confirmed R1T. It was actually a factory orphan in the R1 Shop. It was exactly our configuration. We now have it locked in for Factory delivery. She is a 2023 that was very recently produced. Her VIV ends: PN022xxx. We plan to take delivery at the Factory in Normal sometime in the next several weeks.

Brian
Just picked mine up in Vancouver BC yesterday.... Well worth the wait, everything is rock solid, no rattles or obvious gap issues.

Only thing for me was took a couple hours and several songs to get the EQ where I was happy. Gotta gripe on something right?

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Congrats! Enjoy the entire factory tour/delivery experience!

Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
Awesome! Congrats to you finally!! I'll keep an eye out for in Santa Rosa next time I pass through!!

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Thank you all for the good wishes. We have already named the truck Opal. She is waiting for us in Normal. We are unable to pick her up for a couple of weeks as we have some other commitments at home.

Our plan is to travel to Normal with our Airstream pulled by our Silverado Duamax. We will get a campground site near the Factory. We will then go to the Rivian Factory and take delivery of Opal. After we receive our familiarization session, we hope to take a Factory Tour. Then we will begin our self-training session with the new truck as this is our first EV.

We plan to stay camped in Normal for at least several days and tour Central Illinois in Opal and put at least several hundred miles on her. We could easily put over 1,000 miles on her before we head out. This will give us the opportunity to see if Opal needs any adjustments or repairs while we are still near the Factory Service Center.

When we are comfortable driving Opal and we are finished our touring, we will start to head back south. We plan to let Opal tow the Airstream back to Florida. SuEllyn will drive Opal and I will follow in the Silverado. This will give us a good opportunity to she how she does pulling a 7,000# trailer. We will also get to see how good the range is.

Brian

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager

Brian
My PN017xxx was built in Feb, so yours must be a March build. Nice.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
My PN017xxx was built in Feb, so yours must be a March build. Nice.
Are you sure? Mine is 173xx, built 12/22 according to the driver side door jamb sticker.

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
Are you sure? Mine is 173xx, built 12/22 according to the driver side door jamb sticker.
Dang, you are correct. my 173xx was built in 12/22 according to the sticker. The build was perfect except a couple of small bubbles under the PPF. How was yours?

Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Dang, you are correct. my 173xx was built in 12/22 according to the sticker. The build was perfect except a couple of small bubbles under the PPF. How was yours?
Everything was perfect other than spare tire compartment not latching on the right side. I ended up fixing it temporarily with a washer on the lid latch to force it to go deeper into the locking mechanism - I need a service center visit to get it fixed for real as they need to take apart the bumper and bottom assembly to get to the latch mechanism from below. Not sure if I want them to mess with that as the washer trick seems to be doing the job.

Oh and my under-dash 12V outlet isn't live. Probably a blown fuse but the fuse box apparently isn't easy to access so I haven't checked that yet.