Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Got my truck back this morning from having the latches adjusted on the gear tunnel, tailgate, and frunk. As well as half-shafts lubricated (to get rid of the low speed tock), and an alignment.

Everything looks to have been completed to my satisfaction, except now the tonneau appears to be locked out. It's currently open, if I push the button it extends about 12" the immediately retracts.

I think this is on purpose because i had a service item to deal w/ it not closing all the way intermittently. I speaking with service they said "we can't fix that until the update comes along, but we can "lock out" (his words as I recall them) the cover so it doesn't close (the thought process being that it's better to be stuck open than stuck closed).

I said I'd prefer they not do that, but it appears the did?

In any case, I called service and was told that it will need to stay that way until the new system is ready and they get it in to fix it. Can't even imagine how long that's going to take with 10,000+ trucks on the road now :(
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Any different behavior if you push and hold the button?

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
That’s annoying - if they are going to lock it out, at least let YOU decide the position prior to lockout.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Very annoying and not proper behavior. Again...poor training or decision making on someone's part.

OP
OP
mgc0216

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Very annoying and not proper behavior. Again...poor training or decision making on someone's part.
I think it was just a gremlin, nobody's fault.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mgc0216

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

That’s annoying - if they are going to lock it out, at least let YOU decide the position prior to lockout.
Agreed. Thankfully it resolved itself with a reset.

OP
OP
mgc0216

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Any different behavior if you push and hold the button?
Went to try this and it was working as expected. I had done an infotainment reset because the GPS thought i was in the middle of the ocean, so that could have been the "fix" - all I know for certain is I tried it 3 or 4 times and it wasn't working. Did the infotainment reset to fix the GPS, and tried it after you suggested this and it worked just fine.

Gremlins.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Went to try this and it was working as expected. I had done an infotainment reset because the GPS thought i was in the middle of the ocean, so that could have been the "fix" - all I know for certain is I tried it 3 or 4 times and it wasn't working. Did the infotainment reset to fix the GPS, and tried it after you suggested this and it worked just fine.

Gremlins.
I figured it was a long shot but I know mine won't close all the way tight unless I hold the button. A tip from someone on here but I can't recall to give credit.
Sponsored