gregeast

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Haters gonna hate I guess.

Nice to see it in action, looks pretty seamless. I was curious what the display quality would be like for video, first impression is good.

Thanks for posting.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
It would be really cool if there was a unsanctioned way to get it to work while in motion.

Sponsored

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
Evan though I carry a Google phone, I am not much of a fan. Google/Rivian can not find the way to my house even after a year of trying to inform them of their error. (Rivian has been here twice and I had to call them both times to inform them that Google lead them up the wrong driveway). If I want to give out directions to my house, I tell visitors to use Garmin. Garmin has found the way to my garage ever since I purchased my Rivian almost a year ago. To make matters worse, Google has the house and the ADU, on the property with incorrect house numbers. Google shows a video on Street View of about 5 years, before there was a house on the property. Google can't seem to get it right even though they have all my contact info.

I'm not looking forward to a Google app in my Rivian with it's unwillness to correct any errors.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Evan though I carry a Google phone, I am not much of a fan. Google/Rivian can not find the way to my house even after a year of trying to inform them of their error. (Rivian has been here twice and I had to call them both times to inform them that Google lead them up the wrong driveway). If I want to give out directions to my house, I tell visitors to use Garmin. Garmin has found the way to my garage ever since I purchased my Rivian almost a year ago. To make matters worse, Google has the house and the ADU, on the property with incorrect house numbers. Google shows a video on Street View of about 5 years, before there was a house on the property. Google can't seem to get it right even though they have all my contact info.

I'm not looking forward to a Google app in my Rivian with it's unwillness to correct any errors.
Rivian uses mapbox currently. They are reasonably responsive to correcting mapping errors.

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
Rivian uses mapbox currently. They are reasonably responsive to correcting mapping errors.
That's what the service person said when I had to redirect him to my house about a month ago. He told me then, that he has experienced many mapping errors. So I guess they have a lot of work to do.

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
Cool addition, but back to that native YouTube app.... Any chance that the YouTube Music part of that works while in motion? Please? :cool: I know I'm in the minority here when it comes to music streaming apps.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

Seen on Reddit
"Moooooom, Daaaaaaad, can you pull over and park for an hour while we watch Cocomelon?".

I can understand while you are at a charger, but what about when we are taking a road trip and my wife wants to watch a movie?.

I would like to be able to use an eSIM so I can use my extra T-Mobile line instead AT&T before I get to CAST

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

"Moooooom, Daaaaaaad, can you pull over and park for an hour while we watch Cocomelon?".

I can understand while you are at a charger, but what about when we are taking a road trip and my wife wants to watch a movie?.

I would like to be able to use an eSIM so I can use my extra T-Mobile line instead AT&T before I get to CAST
Many places have laws specifically disallowing video/interactive entertainment apps that are even *visible* to the driver.

While the rear screen is small, it would be nice if they allowed it to the rear screen while in motion.

PsyTrance

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Prius
This thumbnail is so depressing.
We are looking at a device that shows someone looking at a device that shows someone looking at a device.
The stuff that is displayed on THAT device must be really interesting though.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Google Cast in action - demo at Google I/O 2024 1000010434

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T

Have her watch the movie on a phone or tablet. Just like in any other car.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

Have her watch the movie on a phone or tablet. Just like in any other car.
I was half joking when I made that comment.....besides......she gets motion sickness looking down at a phone.
I would rather get the 2nd part of my question.
Sponsored