Sponsored

Goodyear introduces new EV tires - Electric Drive GT (19s for now)

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
Looks like Goodyear is getting into EV specific tires with the introduction of the Electric Drive GT tires.
The biggest advantage is that they come with built in insulation to act as a sound barrier.
They are starting off with 19s, 255/45R19, hopefully they can expand this into other sizes once the demand starts growing.

Goodyear introduces ElectricDrive GT EV-specific replacement tire for Model Y - Electrek
In general. it would help to have competition in this area.
But I believe they will focus on sizes for the most commonly sold EVs, right now that would be Tesla. We might have to wait a bit longer for Rivian specific sizes until they ramp up deliveries.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

In general. it would help to have competition in this area.
But I believe they will focus on sizes for the most commonly sold EVs, right now that would be Tesla. We might have to wait a bit longer for Rivian specific sizes until they ramp up deliveries.
It actually might make more sense to partner with a manufacturer (new model) that doesn't have a long term contract for new tires, so they come straight form the factory. Not sure who Tesla uses.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
It actually might make more sense to partner with a manufacturer (new model) that doesn't have a long term contract for new tires, so they come straight form the factory. Not sure who Tesla uses.
That would be Lucid then since Rivian already has something like that. I just really want the competition for the specific tire sizes Rivian uses so we do not get shafted with a $500 or more per tire :)

Reactions: Max

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I want some EV friendly K02s from BFG or AT3Ws from Falken.
Sponsored