Sponsored

GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!)

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

@Dark-Fx Do you or Adam have recommended single jack point to lift the entire side of the vehicle? I don’t think my 3-ton shop jack will cut it, but thinking of getting 5 ton bottle and a couple jack stands. I swap the tires often for trails and road trips.
I did a tire change over the weekend with my 3 ton jack, and just lifted against the inner rail about where the front and rear doors meet. Lifted front and rear tire pretty evenly there.

Driver side had no issues with bolts. But I am now the 3rd owner to have issues with bolt #2 on passenger side.

Put the truck in off-road mode when removing the panels, but returned to normal mode when bolting the sliders on - because then the truck is the same height above the ground as my forearm length. That made it easier to hold.

it is a 2 person job to hold the slider in place while bolting It on.

Hardest work was cutting the panels with a carpet knife.
Adam says the bolt issue you're encountering is most likely due to some foam/sealer debris from the original assembly of the vehicle, he said several others have had the problem and that is what it turned out to be. That material falls into the hole after the original bolt is removed. If you look into the bolt hole you should be able to see it blocking the hole. Easy to clear it out and it should fix your problem.

If it's something else going on though, let me know though.
Sponsored

Tampa R1T

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I did a tire change over the weekend with my 3 ton jack, and just lifted against the inner rail about where the front and rear doors meet. Lifted front and rear tire pretty evenly there.

Adam says the bolt issue you're encountering is most likely due to some foam/sealer debris from the original assembly of the vehicle, he said several others have had the problem and that is what it turned out to be. That material falls into the hole after the original bolt is removed. If you look into the bolt hole you should be able to see it blocking the hole. Easy to clear it out and it should fix your problem.

If it's something else going on though, let me know though.
I will check that tonight. I'd be much happier to find that it was due to debris than some incorrect drilling in the truck frame

Last edited:

Tampa R1T

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I will check that tonight. I'd be much happier to find that it was due to debris than some incorrect drilling in the truck frame
Not only was there a rain of foamy debris in the bolt hole but also a thin strip of metal

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_1173

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
Thanks for the feedback, mine were drop shipped and picking them up on Saturday hopefully

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S Launch Edition, ‘20 eTron Chronos Edition
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_6895

GOAT R1S sliders took their 1st hit on the trail a couple weekends ago. That would have been a direct hit to the door frame.🤦🏻‍♂️ So I think I’ve officially broken even on the purchase! So happy with these!

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

IMG_6895.jpeg

GOAT R1S sliders took their 1st hit on the trail a couple weekends ago. That would have been a direct hit to the door frame.🤦🏻‍♂️ So I think I’ve officially broken even on the purchase! So happy with these!
Tell us more about the trail! Pics or it didn’t happen 😂

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Tell us more about the trail! Pics or it didn’t happen 😂
Logandale 13-mile loop outside of Vegas. Wasn’t this obstacle, but was cresting over something similarly steep and I couldn’t see the dug out drop on the other side on the way down. I was leading that day, so didn’t have a spotter out front. I know - I should’ve jumped out to check rather than rely on the terrible fish eye front camera…

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Logandale 13-mile loop outside of Vegas. Wasn’t this obstacle, but was cresting over something similarly steep and I couldn’t see the dug out drop on the other side on the way down. I was leading that day, so didn’t have a spotter out front. I know - I should’ve jumped out to check rather than rely on the terrible fish eye front camera…

Nice driving! What spare tire setup are you using?

Sponsored

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Nice driving! What spare tire setup are you using?
@shrink

Rigid Armor Swing out - CrossTrek version with table accessory. Full write-up HERE. Have been using for about 9 months. Really happy with it!

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
Picked mine up today, and installed them.

The first side took about an hour and a half. The second side, I had down to a science and took only about 45 minutes.

Even though I have a good impact gun, I'm not a big believer in using them for everything, especially specialty fasteners and lug nuts. I hate having a good set of lug nuts marred by an impact gun.

I do have a 3/8" battery ratchet, which doesn't put too much torque on things. I found the metal on the factory torx head bolts a little bit soft, and the small torx screws very brittle (broke one,) So the comments on cleaning the threads thoroughly are very important.

I used compressed air and a small screwdriver to make sure the mounting threads were well cleaned out before threading them in, and had no issues.

I also fabricated a little wooden base and clamped it onto the rocksliders so I could balance it easily on my floor jack, without marring the metal. Worked great.

I used my milwaukee flush cut saw to cut the squares, and marked them with masking tape, instead of a marker. I also used a small framing square to mark out my faster centers. This worked much better than the technique in the video. The second rockslider cut outs were exact using this method.

The sliders themselves are a really nice quality piece with good welds and water-jetting. I opted for these ones, since we get a lot of salt slush in the winter. The videos show how strong they are, so likely a good steel alloy and I didn't want rust issues.

Decent project for the day, and really wanted a running board after having the R1T for a month and a bit.
Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_0665 - Copy

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_0666 - Copy
Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_0668 - Copy
Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_0669 - Copy
Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_0672 - Copy

Purkinje

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Ordered mine yesterday, looking forward to installing them! The videos definitely sold me on them

ev_fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Wanted to briefly comment on my purchase and installation experience.

The purchase process was pretty smooth (used the discount code on the website at the time) and I got a call from Adam (the owner of GOAT Fabrication) as soon as I made the order since I had asked a question on email that he hadn't yet answered. I also got an update on shipping within a reasonable timeline (wasn't in a hurry since my R1S wasn't picked up yet).

The sliders came in on a rainy day so I had the UPS guy dump them in a corner of the garage. What I didn't realize was that there was shipping damage where one slider had torn through the packaging. The packing itself was extremely inadequate - barely a layer of cardboard between the slider and the box. On informing Adam about this, he sent me an option to cover up the damage (truck bed spray) which was nice but given that there was damage during shipment I would've expected either an offer for replacement or reimbursement for part of the cost, and to this email I never got a response.

This is a fair bit worrisome - it could be that Adam is busy and couldn't respond or it could be "now you've forked over the money, all the best". Either case is not very nice. I understand that this is the kind of damage that is expected when offroading but I'd like to be the one causing the damage, thank you very much.

The installation video is pretty bad for a dumb novice like me as well. I was totally looking at the wrong bolts under the vehicle and, on the plus side, Adam was very helpful calling me back on a weekend day and pointing out what I was supposed to look at. Once I figured that out and looked at the installation videos for some other R1S steps (how to take off the bottom panels has no help in the GOAT video), it was smooth sailing.

The sliders themselves also seem pretty solid, although I've only had them on for a month. Will post back later for a longer term update.

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) 1713077337696-6u