Sponsored

GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!)

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

EDIT: Pushing down the original content on here for an update now that these are available.

GOAT Fabrication finally has these available. They can do it without the top-plate, some folks might just want the protection but I wanted to be able to use them as a fully functional step. I think they have a couple of those finished as well but no photos to use on their website yet.

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) 1698347388042

(More photos on their website)
https://goatfabrication.com/collections/rivian-r1t/products/goat-rivian-r1t-step-sliders

You do lose a minor amount of ground clearance with these, but I had some issues last winter season with ice accumulation causing issues with my driver door so we decided it was worth the exchange. I plan to leave them on all winter, so will probably post some updates on how that goes down the line. My bottom door trim is already pretty scraped up from not having the sliders on all summer.

I think the plan is to come up with a cut template to see if the original panels can be reused to hide all the hardware, but we haven't done that yet.

Quality overall seems really good but I haven't had a chance to do anything other than drive to work and back since I got them yesterday!

ORIGINAL POST BELOW:
-----------------------------------
I've been working with GOAT Fab (used to be ACE Engineering before they sold the company) on sliders for my R1T. I know the market is pretty flooded with them right now, but it was nice to have some input on the end result here, and they have been great to work with. Only have a slider on the driver's side so far, just pulled out of their shop a little bit ago. Haven't taken any measurements or anything yet but feel free to ask.

Paint was still drying when I pulled the truck out of their shop so I haven't stood on them yet, but they look really solid. Close enough to the body that I can step over them to get in when the truck is kneeled, but out far enough that they should deflect pretty much anything.

Top plates are going to be optional. Not sure if they have a price point yet. Still need to figure out what to do about the plastic underbody pieces.

Tubing they are using is 2" .134 wall like the rest of their products. Said the one side was 48 lbs.

Ground clearance in my truck has always been somewhat inconsistent, but I'm measuring about 13 3/4" in Highest and 9" in lowest. Definitely some loss of clearance but I'd rather that than end up not being able to open a door due to something getting bent.

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_20230202_132435

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_20230202_132347
Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_20230202_132428

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_20230202_132425

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_20230202_132342

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_20230202_132454
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Before the top plate

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_20230202_105410

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_20230202_105405

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_20230202_105415

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Not everyone has found the product they want. I'm going to wait until the spring and find the best product available considering cost, weight, etc.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Not everyone has found the product they want. I'm going to wait until the spring and find the best product available considering cost, weight, etc.
I think that's smart to do.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Now we are talking! There are only 2 companies developing sliders I would consider, and this is one of them. Glad to hear they’re making progress.

Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Any sense on the range impacts?

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Yikes! you need a carwash.
That's like every day here in the winter time. Our asphalt is white right now.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Any sense on the range impacts?
No idea. My range right now is terrible anyway with the extreme cold. Couldn't tell if there was more wind noise or not, but willing to be scientific about it once everything is wrapped up. I have a sound meter I use for work stuff.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Now we are talking! There are only 2 companies developing sliders I would consider, and this is one of them. Glad to hear they’re making progress.
I wanted to get a set of real sliders vs just having steps. With kneel mode it's hardly necessary IMO. Will be interesting to see if my 3 yo can get into the truck now without help though!

Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
That's like every day here in the winter time. Our asphalt is white right now.
Attended college in northern Indiana so i remember how bad it gets.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Surprisingly lightweight for the wheelbase of the truck. I want to say my 4Runner sliders weigh more, but they also have a large mounting plate that extends the length of the frame between the wheels. When you get a chance, please take some pics of the mounting points on the truck. These looks nice and beefy, but definitely curious if they'll be able to take a beating on the underside.
Sponsored