TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
Got this from my previous GMC dealer:

Rivian R1T R1S GMC Hummer EV teaser video - 1,000 HP and 11,500 ft lbs 02B1C8BB-0593-4DAF-AEFC-C864FA1CC01C
Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Could GM beat Rivian to market ?

Hummer EV Could Be First Electric Truck To Market, Says GM
https://flip.it/UclbtL

opinions anybody??

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
More inf on the Hummer General Motors Shows How The GMC Hummer Could Trump The Tesla Cybertruck - General Motors Company (NYSE:GM) | Seeking Alpha
https://flip.it/wmpDk4

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Not if the first Hummer EVs arrive fall 2021.
I think GM has gone so far as to make statements that they are confident in their timeline and that they could be first to market. I think they are just throwing shade at other manufacturers by implying they will experience massive delays getting to production.

Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I agree with you.

I also think GM is playing catchup...you never know what transpired during their discussions with Rivian early on that fell apart. Before then they really had no EV news outside of the Bolt and soon after the Volt was discontinued. (I may be wrong on the timeline)

I am at a point to just want a Rivian regardless of it being R1T or R1S...even through I am a R1S reservation holder. I still like the shorter wheel base of the R1S.

Can I wait eight or ten months...hmmmmm

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Could GM beat Rivian to market ?

Hummer EV Could Be First Electric Truck To Market, Says GM
https://flip.it/UclbtL

opinions anybody??
If they were so confident, why side with Trump on preventing states from setting their own emissions standards? I'll never buy a car from them or any of those other backstabbing parasites.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If they were so confident, why side with Trump on preventing states from setting their own emissions standards? I'll never buy a car from them or any of those other backstabbing parasites.
Because they manufacture more than zero emmissions vehicles. Instead of the cost & complexity of navigating varying compliance requirements, there should be a single standard.

I've encountered this in other industries & it becomes unmanageable fast. One of those things that sounds great in theory but isn't feasible in reality.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Because they manufacture more than zero emmissions vehicles. Instead of the cost & complexity of navigating varying compliance requirements, there should be a single standard.

I've encountered this in other industries & it becomes unmanageable fast. One of those things that sounds great in theory but isn't feasible in reality.
Electrics aside, everyone could have aligned with a single emissions standard by choosing the stricter CA standard instead of aligning with Trump's weakened national standard. I think the manufacturers revealed their true colors when they chose sides....

Sponsored

UP Finn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1992 HMMWV, 2018 4Runner ORP, 2020 Model Y Perf
I'm going to seriously look into the Hummer. Partly because they took a stand with Trump.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Electrics aside, everyone could have aligned with a single emissions standard by choosing the stricter CA standard instead of aligning with Trump's weakened national standard. I think the manufacturers revealed their true colors when they chose sides....
It's also OK to set standards & then exceed them. Why set a regulation too strict, to the possible detriment of your company & employees?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
It's also OK to set standards & then exceed them. Why set a regulation too strict, to the possible detriment of your company & employees?
Unfortunately most (not all) large corporations don't operate like that. Money and resources get prioritized to the projects that generate the most revenue... or are required for compliance. If they are never held accountable to making progress, it will never happen. Trump knew this well as his stated goal was to help reduce the average price of new vehicles by not forcing the manufacturers to invest in newer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly technologies. By keeping the costs of vehicles lower, Trump's secondary (or perhaps primary) goal was to encourage people to replace aging cars with newer cars theoretically resulting in a safer fleet of cars on the roads.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I believe that market incentive is more effective than regulation, whether it is on the supply or the demand side. Provide an economic reason for manufacturers or consumers to behave in ways that will reach your goals.

Regulation leads to bureaucracy & unnecessary overhead/costs that do not help the market.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I believe that market incentive is more effective than regulation, whether it is on the supply or the demand side. Provide an economic reason for manufacturers or consumers to behave in ways that will reach your goals.

Regulation leads to bureaucracy & unnecessary overhead/costs that do not help the market.
The problem there is Trump also wants to eliminate the incentives....
Sponsored