Sponsored

GMC Hummer EV teaser video - 1,000 HP and 11,500 ft lbs

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Hummer EV Crab Mode video:
https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev?eVar36=RREPS0661_CRABMODE_RRGM01_16651429186

Now, I want to know how far those rear wheels will turn. Interesting, but not sure how useful it will be, especially for the added components & complexity in the rear.
Looks like they may have revived quadra-steer. Wonder if it will have all the capabilities of quadra-steer when not in crab mode (which might actually be somewhat useful)? And wonder if it will sell any better this time around....

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/gm-quadrasteer-the-great-invention-no-one-wanted/

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like they may have revived quadra-steer. Wonder if it will have all the capabilities of quadra-steer when not in crab mode (which might actually be somewhat useful)? And wonder if it will sell any better this time around....

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/gm-quadrasteer-the-great-invention-no-one-wanted/
My guess is that it will be similar, but I doubt the Hummer EV will have a solid rear axle. Maybe, but my guess is independent suspension in the rear unless they want impressive towing specs.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh, and they also announced that the official Hummer EV reveal will be 10/20. Sorry, got distracted by the crab mode video. ;-)

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
My guess is that it will be similar, but I doubt the Hummer EV will have a solid rear axle. Maybe, but my guess is independent suspension in the rear unless they want impressive towing specs.
Agreed. Fundamentally the same but not identical in execution. I think IRS has already been confirmed for Hummer plus all the new full size GM trucks are moving that direction so would be odd if they didn't.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Kickaha

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
I previously remember hearing that the SUV version will look a lot like the H3. I was hoping that wasn’t the case, but seems to be true. Curious to see the actual reveal. Also wondering if anything may have changed since the original reveal was planned for multiple months ago?

My main fear with a Hummer EV would be that GM will stick closer to their typical ‘cyclic’ updates, vs making a vehicle that can continuously be updated over the air a la Tesla. Don’t think I’ll ever go for another new vehicle that doesn’t offer consistent and solid OTA updates.
I agree - I am VERY distrustful of mainstream car makers jumping on the EV bandwagon. For the most part, they start with the position of "we will just slap an electric motor in an existing chasis and we will post better specs than anyone else". They dont approach it from the grounds up and build the systems as an entirely new experience.

I applaud anyone for buying an EV but I highly recommend people buy the RIGHT EV.

Any company can create a beatiful design and brag on specs but at some point they have to acutally build it. GM can say Fall '21 but where is the prototype? Its less than a year away and I have not seen ANY field testing videos. If they were that close with a clean-sheet design, this should have been happening for least a year or two like Rivian has been. Nikola can say "we are better than Tesla in every way" but where are the field tests? They has shown nothing other than some nice concept art.

I will stick with Rivian and Tesla for now.
Sponsored