Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

My tent:
PXL_20210807_210905284.MP.jpg

There is an annex as well, not shown. A nice addition if you can get one for any rooftop tent.

My idea of a spacious bathroom:
PXL_20210808_185401939.PANO.jpg
do you do anything for a shower?

Bbernardo

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Tacoma / 08 H3
One thing that we added to our loadout for camping is a decent sized outdoor rug. I think ours is 4x8 and is big enough for our camp kitchen/table and let's you kick off the shoes without getting super dirty feet

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

One thing that we added to our loadout for camping is a decent sized outdoor rug. I think ours is 4x8 and is big enough for our camp kitchen/table and let's you kick off the shoes without getting super dirty feet
That's a great idea.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
This is a great idea. We often use a large sheet of Tyvek as a ground cover or rug. It's cheap, lightweight, folds into compact shape, waterproof, and is machine washable/dryable (it actually needs to be washed/dryed before use to soften it).

Bbernardo

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Tacoma / 08 H3
Lol I cant take credit for the rug. My better half brought one home on clearance from World Market and said "this would tie the campsite together" (in her best Lebowski impression). Rest is history...

It rolls up and we load it up top on the roof rack or we use it to wrap the gear in the back with tie downs if it's gonna be a bumpy trip.

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Probably, but for us, we get up before sunrise and drive out to photograph wildlife. Taking a roof-top tent down in the dark to be able to use the truck is not for us. We'd rather be able to leave camp setup. We also go out at sunset, so would prefer to return to camp all setup and not have to mess with putting up a tent.
Have you seen the videos for the hardshell rooftop tents? 60 seconds to close for a single person.

Greenwater

First Name
Green
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
Occupation
software engineer
It's just too expensive to spend a few thou for the cool rivian tent and 5k for the kitchen. I wonder how much that rooftop tent was up above. And does it really feel solid enough at night?

Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
It's just too expensive to spend a few thou for the cool rivian tent and 5k for the kitchen. I wonder how much that rooftop tent was up above. And does it really feel solid enough at night?
The one I posted? About $2k. I try to keep my 2 year old from jumping around in it, as she likes to do, but more than solid enough for two adults and a child to sleep in.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Have you seen the videos for the hardshell rooftop tents? 60 seconds to close for a single person.
Yes, I have. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Sponsored