GLACIER WHITE Rivian Club

electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
I can't seem to stop seeing panel gaps and misalignments on white than any other color.
Funny, I looked at this picture set and was very happy at how much they have improved. What's particularly bugging you - is it something in the picture you included in your quote? The only thing I see in that particular shot (which doesn't include much in the way of white paint) is where the door's sheetmetal bevels in at the top, back edge of the window but this isn't in any way a manufacturing issue (although I can see why you might find it an odd design detail).
Advertisement

rraj2k81

Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi S4 (250K KM and counting)
Funny, I looked at this picture set and was very happy at how much they have improved. What's particularly bugging you - is it something in the picture you included in your quote? The only thing I see in that particular shot (which doesn't include much in the way of white paint) is where the door's sheetmetal bevels in at the top, back edge of the window but this isn't in any way a manufacturing issue (although I can see why you might find it an odd design detail).
271994563_10159848938586092_8136458522053823200_n.jpg

You can see either the assembly is popping out (2,3) or recessed in (1), in an uneven manner.
I am seeing misalignments and panel gaps in every single white R1, even when I am not looking for it.

I am hoping by choosing a limited/least chosen color like Forest Green, more attention will be paid with the panel assembly, and even if not the panel gaps and alignment issues would blend in with the color.

electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
271994563_10159848938586092_8136458522053823200_n.jpg

You can see either the assembly is popping out (2,3) or recessed in (1), in an uneven manner.
I am seeing misalignments and panel gaps in every single white R1, even when I am not looking for it.

I am hoping by choosing a limited/least chosen color like Forest Green, more attention will be paid with the panel assembly, and even if not the panel gaps and alignment issues would blend in with the color.
Oh ok, I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the white paint making things more obvious. The issues you highlighted are on a white R1 but not between the white panels.

At least those are on the roof where they should be a little less obvious.

rraj2k81

Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi S4 (250K KM and counting)
Oh ok, I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the white paint making things more obvious. The issues you highlighted are on a white R1 but not between the white panels.

At least those are on the roof where they should be a little less obvious.
Yeah true, out of sight out of mind in this case.

As for paint, I am not expecting the Rivian paint to be near the quality of the Germans, so I am budgeting for paint correction and protection when I get the R1.

Advertisement

Advertisement