GLACIER WHITE R1T Photos

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I keep going back and forth between Limestone and GW and I have yet to see them in person.

I have OC/GW/22 Bright in my configuration but my First Mile Drive was El Cap/22 Dark/BM and I also was very impressed with BM. It has layers of dark grey so it isn't as black as you think.

I was also very impressed with the Dark 22 inch wheels. Unfortunately, my wallet (and my wife) is not happy about spending $3500 on them.
I saw my first R1T this weekend and actually saw a Limestone and GW at the Cleveland SC. I was not overly impressed with the Limestone and it solidified my want for GW with 22’s. Unfortunately they only had the 22” brights, but I did like them. If they have a GW with dark 22” in the shop, then I will be all over that combo! I’m still debating if I want to change from 22” bright to darks on my config.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I saw my first R1T this weekend and actually saw a Limestone and GW at the Cleveland SC. I was not overly impressed with the Limestone and it solidified my want for GW with 22’s. Unfortunately they only had the 22” brights, but I did like them. If they have a GW with dark 22” in the shop, then I will be all over that combo! I’m still debating if I want to change from 22” bright to fairs on my config.
Thank you for that insight. You've walked me back from my LImestone cliff again. Sometimes I feel like I want some color, but then I see a picture of the GW and it just pops!

I have the 22 bright configured. I might see at some point about what it would cost to powder coat them or even do a trial run with plasti-dip just to see how they look in dark since you can remove the plasti-dip.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you for that insight. You've walked me back from my LImestone cliff again. Sometimes I feel like I want some color, but then I see a picture of the GW and it just pops!

I have the 22 bright configured. I might see at some point about what it would cost to powder coat them or even do a trial run with plasti-dip just to see how they look in dark since you can remove the plasti-dip.
Yeah that’s a good idea about trying plasti-dip or having them powder coated later on.

If I can get a GW with 22” darks from the “shop””, then I will gladly pay the $1700 more to get it sooner. I keep going back and forth since the spare tires are the same price, so you’re paying $1700 more for 5 dark wheels if you get the spare.

Rivian R1T R1S GLACIER WHITE R1T  Photos 91CF29EA-BA29-407E-A1DC-D2171CA4FA5B

Rivian R1T R1S GLACIER WHITE R1T  Photos 5FEBA025-C152-4BA0-A634-B144C7A92433

Rivian R1T R1S GLACIER WHITE R1T  Photos E83D8D5D-44F5-413B-9B3D-A414F8569108

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Yeah that’s a good idea about trying plasti-dip or having them powder coated later on.

If I can get a GW with 22” darks from the “shop””, then I will gladly pay the $1700 more to get it sooner. I keep going back and forth since the spare tires are the same price, so you’re paying $1700 more for 5 dark wheels if you get the spare.

91CF29EA-BA29-407E-A1DC-D2171CA4FA5B.jpeg

5FEBA025-C152-4BA0-A634-B144C7A92433.jpeg

E83D8D5D-44F5-413B-9B3D-A414F8569108.jpeg
Oh man is that there R1T pretty!

You know, I didn't realize that the spare was the same price - so you are getting that Dark Discount! Thanks for the tip!

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Oh man is that there R1T pretty!

You know, I didn't realize that the spare was the same price - so you are getting that Dark Discount! Thanks for the tip!
It makes no sense that the 22” dark and bright spare tires are both $800, but that’s the way it is for pre-3/1 pricing.

I’m seriously thinking about dropping the cross bars and getting the dark 22” wheels. I really wish they had the darks at the SC when I stopped to compare in person.

Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

It makes no sense that the 22” dark and bright spare tires are both $800, but that’s the way it is for pre-3/1 pricing.

I’m seriously thinking about dropping the cross bars and getting the dark 22” wheels. I really wish they had the darks at the SC when I stopped to compare in person.
I keep going back and forth on the darks as well but I will probably switch to whatever gets my R1T faster when the time comes. I have the OC interior so that may not be or a while, but I might end up just switching to BM because I was honestly impressed by it in person.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I saw a Glacier White R1T in San Antonio yesterday....first time seeing another one "in the wild". Didn't know how good they look in person cruising down the highway. I then remembered I had one at home. :CWL:

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

So I'm wondering if my configuration GW/OC/22" Sport Bright Large Pack will be the last configuration RIVIAN makes available because it takes advantage of almost all options that cost money post 3/1 including GW, OC, Power Tonneau, Quad Motor, Tow Hooks.

After the 3/1 pricing brouhaha, I ended up with all my original configured options at my original configured price + "free" tow hooks.

Hopefully I don't pay for it on the back end by Rivian prioritizing more lucrative build batches.

Dying to see a GW/OC in the wild or good production pictures.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
So I'm wondering if my configuration GW/OC/22" Sport Bright Large Pack will be the last configuration RIVIAN makes available because it takes advantage of almost all options that cost money post 3/1 including GW, OC, Power Tonneau, Quad Motor, Tow Hooks.

After the 3/1 pricing brouhaha, I ended up with all my original configured options at my original configured price + "free" tow hooks.

Hopefully I don't pay for it on the back end by Rivian prioritizing more lucrative build batches.

Dying to see a GW/OC in the wild or good production pictures.
OC is what will put you to the back of the queue. GW R1Ts with free wheel upgrades and everything else on the list have been delivered already.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Congrats. Looking good!

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Posted without comment to protect the presumably innocent.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
When did it become the norm to refer to this as "cocaine white." I don't mind just curious how this happened. thanks.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

When did it become the norm to refer to this as "cocaine white." I don't mind just curious how this happened. thanks.
There was one listed for sale on Craigslist and the seller listed the color as cocaine white.
Sponsored