Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

We have 19deg rain coming in. So yup freezing rain.

So the weirdest thing is driving my truck into a gas station to fill up cans for my generator. Honestly it was weird.

Also, After owning my first EV, the R1T. I will compare filling gas to what smokers experience after they quit smoking. You don’t realize all the smells associated with getting gas after you don’t do it any more.

Rivian R1T R1S Getting gas with my R1T (for incoming ice storm) was weird 7FBC7BB9-5138-423B-B3DD-62504443DDA2
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

No Generac piped to the gas tank? Best purchase I've made in the last few years, the power hasn't gone out since.

jemkewl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Recently used a skid steer with a denis cimaf 180d forestry mulcher for a week on some property - needed to get some diesel a few times - can say I share each of those sentiments

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson

So the weirdest thing is driving my truck into a gas station to fill up cans for my generator. Honestly it was weird.

Also, After owning my first EV, the R1T. I will compare filling gas to what smokers experience after they quit smoking. You don’t realize all the smells associated with getting gas after you don’t do it any more.

7FBC7BB9-5138-423B-B3DD-62504443DDA2.jpeg
I needed $20 of scratchers to go with a white elephant gift today, so i went to a gas station. there was no like regular parking so I parked infront of a pump. I was thinking if anyone thought I was just a moron, but there was nowhere else to park. Also the station was mostly empty.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
If it’s called getting “ICEd” when a gas-powered vehicle parks in an EV only spot, what do we call it when an EV parks at a gas pump? (Not criticizing this, as I’ve done it myself when there are plenty of other gas pumps available as it prevents door dings.)

—-CHARGEd?
—-PLUGGED?

Sponsored

OP
OP
W1SE

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

No Generac piped to the gas tank? Best purchase I've made in the last few years, the power hasn't gone out since.
I am in the city and don’t have gas. So I have. 9000w multifuel generator. I am looking to do whole house battery next year. When electricity goes out here it’s for 4 hours max. I just like to be prepared.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
If your generator is that small, why don't you just use your truck?

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired

So true Jake about the 19 degree freezing rain...brrrrr... and the old smell of gas at stations I pass! LOL

I keep watching for that gorgeous Red R1T in my neck of the woods, but haven't seen it yet. Great truck. Keep "Chooglin!"

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired

Waiting for ice here in Seattle as well! Have a whole house Generac plumbed to a 500 gallon propane tank. We were on generator power for six days back in 2012, during the last ice storm! Pellet stove all fired🔥 up for tonight’s cold and impending ice storm related power outage! Bring it!

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
If it’s called getting “ICEd” when a gas-powered vehicle parks in an EV only spot, what do we call it when an EV parks at a gas pump? (Not criticizing this, as I’ve done it myself when there are plenty of other gas pumps available as it prevents door dings.)

—-CHARGEd?
—-PLUGGED?
PEEVED

OP
OP
W1SE

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

So true Jake about the 19 degree freezing rain...brrrrr... and the old smell of gas at stations I pass! LOL

I keep watching for that gorgeous Red R1T in my neck of the woods, but haven't seen it yet. Great truck. Keep "Chooglin!"
I use the accelerator quite a bit so I may piss a few people off. But I stop at every rivian to say high. Hopefully I see you out and about.

sb335xi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 BMW M5C
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Also, all the gawkers when you pull in with an EV :D

No, I'm not putting gas in it.
Yes, it's quicker than your HEMI.