Sponsored

Get 2nd Rivian Wall Charger or another option?

BuchRivian

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Howdy folks,
I'm a little over a week into owning my R1S and I'm really happy so far. I need to get a second wall charger for another property and I wanted to ping the community to see if you'd recommend a 2nd Rivina Wall Charger or going with another option. I'm happy with the Rivian Wall Charger so far, but would love to hear opinions on other options.
Sponsored

SilverII

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I got a CP homeflex and I highly recommend that. I also have the Rivian wall charger and it is very basic compared to CP unit

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Can’t recommend Tesla J1772 unit enough.

Imagine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Volvo XC60; Jeep Wrangler Moab
Occupation
Retired
I purchased a 2nd Rivian wall charger for a second property. I would not recommend it. I'm not sure what the benefit is to having a Rivian brand charger. Both of my chargers are connected to WiFi and show up on my Rivian app but there is no added functionality. Any info I need about the charge session comes from the vehicle. One of the large electrical utilities in MI (Consumers Energy) offers a $500 rebate for certain EV chargers. The Rivian charger is not one of them.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I have these Emporia Chargers at my places, pretty happy with them and they have decent features and at $400 for a charger that will do 48 amps is a good deal.

Sponsored

BrianNakata

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Shelby GT350
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
I have two. Went with what worked the first time.

Brian

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Emporia charger for 400 on Amazon.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla model 3, 2016 Toyota Highlander
I got a CP homeflex and I highly recommend that. I also have the Rivian wall charger and it is very basic compared to CP unit
I haven't used their residential units but the software on the corporate CP units is so awful I could never recommend them to anyone.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Remember that Rivian has used Clipper Creek to charge their vehicles at Service Centers since the beginning. Solid no frills.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I can't recommend my Autel maxicharger enough. Great price (often on sale at Amazon) and lots of functionality. You can lock it through the app which might be a thing for your second property. You can share it with friends and even set it up to use publically and charge people to use it.

I know some people like the charepoint ones also and they seem to have great app/connectivity features. I got an email from them for $50 off their charger the other day so you should probably be able to find that as well.

Check out the "show me your charger install" thread in this forum, lots of discussion and photos of installs and different chargers.

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
I second the CP homeflex, I've been using it over a year flawlessly and the software/app is top notch.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Check out the Pion Power Flex. This is a portable/travel charger, which can be purchased as a 32A or 40A option. It also comes with a carry case and NEMA 14-50 and 110V adapter.

Why not use the Rivian travel charger (which I am assuming is included) in your second property ?

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
I like the Wallbox we use. Had some software issues with it initially and when I called them to troubleshoot, they IMMEDIATELY said there' something wonky with it, sent a replacement and asked for the original one back so they can do a tear-down. the replacement charger came overnight.

Great customer service and the box works well.
Sponsored