Sponsored

Genesis GV60

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

That Crystal Sphere is crazy!

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer

Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Personally, I think it's just a rebadged Kia EV6. Not saying the EV6 is not a good looking vehicle, I do like how the EV6 looks. On the positive the interior would be more premium.

I had hoped Genesis would have given it a more unique look and more performance. But I am guessing they would release a 'Sport' model later.

OP
OP

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
Personally, I think it's just a rebadged Kia EV6. Not saying the EV6 is not a good looking vehicle, I do like how the EV6 looks. On the positive the interior would be more premium.

I had hoped Genesis would have given it a more unique look and more performance. But I am guessing they would release a 'Sport' model later.
from what a I have read there is no official news in performance yet. Just a lot of guessing based on the Ioniq and EV. I’ve pretty much decided on the Rivian at this point because I want a good winter vehicle for MN, but I think this vehicle would be nice in Matte white with 500-600 HP

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Genesis GV60 1629391426717

Rivian R1T R1S Genesis GV60 1629391464100

Styling is definitely to be desired but I think the Ioniq 5 looks the best out of all 3 Kia/Hyundai/Genesis Brands.

E-GMP architecture will allow for a lot of badge engineering which is good as it makes it easier/product availability with small focuses on things like, daily driving, luxury, and sportiness. Id equate Hyundai for Daily Driving use, Genesis for Luxury, and Kia for Sportiness.

OP
OP

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
1629391426717.png

1629391464100.png

Styling is definitely to be desired but I think the Ioniq 5 looks the best out of all 3 Kia/Hyundai/Genesis Brands.

E-GMP architecture will allow for a lot of badge engineering which is good as it makes it easier/product availability with small focuses on things like, daily driving, luxury, and sportiness. Id equate Hyundai for Daily Driving use, Genesis for Luxury, and Kia for Sportiness.
I do wish Rivian was going with the 800 volt charging platform Hyundai and some others are utilizing

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I do wish Rivian was going with the 800 volt charging platform Hyundai and some others are utilizing

They are as far as I know.

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
If it had the Ioniq 5 exterior with the same interior as the GV60 that would be a real winning combination. It looks OK, not a big fan of the exterior but the interior is beautiful looking

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
They are as far as I know.
I haven’t seen any confirmation on that, I think they’re using a modified 400 V architecture, like 450. I know they’re investing in an 800 V architecture, but I don’t know if it’s going to be in this first production year

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I haven’t seen any confirmation on that, I think they’re using a modified 400 V architecture, like 450. I know they’re investing in an 800 V architecture, but I don’t know if it’s going to be in this first production year

A Interesting patent is one that is a non Rivian Patent but mentions Rivian's Direct voltage requirements.
https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=US328383660&_cid=P21-KQTKD1-07587-1

Rivian® motor that requires 800-900 volt DC for a quick charger. Therefore, there is no need outside high voltage connections. Further, to reduce a generator's size and weigh about by 50% and increase conductivity, the generator has wires selected from one of a super conducting wire, a carbon CNT wire, graphene cooper composited wire or graphene film wire instead of conventional heavy weight cooper wires.

Maybe this but nothing from their own confirmation.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maybe this but nothing from their own confirmation.
Well, I would hope with the delays that they would implement the 800 V system but I just don't know. Maybe one of the guys who went on a tour heard some thing? Still very fast charging I think over 200 kW to start, and I think they said they would update it to over 300 kW over time. I don't know if the update is for new vehicles or would be the first run of these

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
from what a I have read there is no official news in performance yet. Just a lot of guessing based on the Ioniq and EV. I’ve pretty much decided on the Rivian at this point because I want a good winter vehicle for MN, but I think this vehicle would be nice in Matte white with 500-600 HP
Yeah 500 - 600 HP would be a sweet spot for this vehicle. Would compete with the IPACE in premium and performance if priced right.
Sponsored