Sponsored

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Looks like these are completely off the website now...no longer "coming soon". wonder if this is good news and updated versions are on the way, or if that means they are scrapped altogether.
Sponsored

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

It's certainly a curious development with Rivian accidentally updating the date of an old Camp Kitchen post earlier this week. It could be a coincidence, or it could mean an announcement is coming (although, maybe not the one we are hoping for).

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Looks like these are completely off the website now...no longer "coming soon". wonder if this is good news and updated versions are on the way, or if that means they are scrapped altogether.
Wow. I hope the former. It would be a bummer if Rivian decided to give up on these. That said, it'll probably save me $6k-$8k if they scrap them.

LaxRN

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 SEL AWD
Occupation
RN
This is an update within the past 2 hours because I was looking at both the shuttle and the kitchen, from the gear shop, this afternoon.
An interesting development.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
As the camp kitchen was the feature that hooked me on even looking into this brand and putting down my reservation, this would be a huge disappointment. Sure you can build a cheaper one, but I prefer the tailor made version.

Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
Looks like the R1T tent is gone as well.....

Taco Corp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

The kitchen and shuttle both seem like potential targets for 3rd parties to fill the gap. I like the idea of the kitchen in concept but it also seems like a lot of space to dedicate when you can just as easily put a stove or whatever on the tailgate.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

i understand how those who wanted those items would be disappointed but if its helps them simplify and focus on the right things, then im all for it.

Sponsored

LaxRN

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 SEL AWD
Occupation
RN

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I can't understand why they can't resell a tent. Someone else makes it.

I get not wanting to do the r&d on the other items. Although he shuttle shouldn't be hard.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Just "my" opinion, but my guess is Rivian probably involved in a dispute with vendor/manufacture of the camp kitchen and slide out. Only reason I say that is, my neighbor who works at Rivian says he heard they were getting stuck in the extended position in testing. Like locked where it left testers unable to get them back in and continue. All of sudden, he said they all disappeared. Since he isn't privy to anything beyond what he sees and gets to drive in public, he has no idea why they are not fixing them. He recently received his R1 and has made his own temporary camp kitchen, so he can cook while camping. He got tired of waiting like everyone else and made bed cover, bought his own tent, modified to work with the rivian rails and made a bed mounted kitchen setup out of aftermarket parts.

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Rivian R1T R1S Gear Tunnel Shuttle and Camp Kitchen disappear from Gear Shop 1680129779409
Sponsored