First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1
Occupation
Retired
Have only opened them with the push buttons but tried to release them using the center screen controls (while in Park with power fully on). They unlatch but not enough to get a finger in to open them. Anyone else have this problem, or better yet, a solution? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
They do unlatch from the console, but relatch pretty quickly, like 2 seconds. You likely aren't getting to the door quick enough.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

They do unlatch from the console, but relatch pretty quickly, like 2 seconds. You likely aren't getting to the door quick enough.
If the relatch happens quicker than that, Rivian will adjust the latch. The latch retracts after it thinks you have fully opened the door.

OP
OP

Zardoz

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1
Occupation
Retired
Thanks much for this. Mine are certainly latched but, they remain opened just a little. Is that your experience?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Thanks much for this. Mine are certainly latched but, they remain opened just a little. Is that your experience?
Yeah unfortunately that is by design. Unless you have a friend opening them from the screen is near impossible, have to be very fast.

Edit: I proposed to them that the timeout for opening from the screen be increased to 10s or something but probably went into the ether.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Zardoz

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1
Occupation
Retired
Yeah unfortunately that is by design. Unless you have a friend opening them from the screen is near impossible, have to be very fast.

Edit: I proposed to them that the timeout for opening from the screen be increased to 10s or something but probably went into the ether.
👍

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
100%.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I am surprised they haven't addressed this yet. Bigger fish to fry I guess.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Investors only care about demand, production, cash on hand vs cash burn, and bond issuance.

But that said...I am just fine with them just barely kicking out when released and physically having to open them.

Last edited:

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Investors only care about demand, production, cash on hand vs cash burn, and bond issuance.

But that said...I am just fine with them just barely kicking out when released and physically having to open them.
By the time you get out there to them they have relocked and you can't physically open them unless you use the release button again.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
By the time you get out there to them they have relocked and you can't physically open them unless you use the release button again.
I only use the button on the bed top, since it is right next to the door. Too much work to go to the center display.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I only use the button on the bed top, since it is right next to the door. Too much work to go to the center display.
Same. But the OP asked about the screen controls.
Sponsored