First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Strongly considering selling off car when it comes in. Lots of issues to work out. Rivian is going to go broke trying to fix and redesign their manufacturing to eagle these issues. Anyone in PNW with this issue yet?
Mine arrives to Seattle on Monday…..

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Strongly considering selling off car when it comes in. Lots of issues to work out. Rivian is going to go broke trying to fix and redesign their manufacturing to eagle these issues. Anyone in PNW with this issue yet?
Yes. I put up a thread yesterday.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
We had heavier than normal rains here on Fidalgo Island for several days (I even left the truck out one day because fence contractors were all over my driveway). Also, the R1T spent 1/2 the day outside today, 125 mile drive in off-and-on rain. So far, no water intrusion.

Sponsored

Jakeblanton

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 CTD 2500, 00 Escalde, 2013 Yukon Denali
Occupation
General Manager
I run a car wash in South GA. My truck gets washed just about everyday. I actually have numbers to put to this... I obviously get the Mac daddy wash everytime and it uses 69 gallons of water and chemicals and the has 12 dryers push the water in every direction you can imagine. To the point it is under the hood and around the seal for the frunk. But not in it... I have zero water infiltration on my truck. I have about a quart of water that is spread around the bed area after every wash but when it rains, I have none.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Had our first big rain. I remembered this thread so I went and checked. All dry thank goodness. Reminds me of a Mitsubishi Eclipse I had. Leaked at the windshield. Dealer tried twice to fix it. I finally did it myself.

Seabreeze2112

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Truck Driver
What ever happened with the leak issues? I see this thread became a out the person who wanted to sell his before even getting it. I have had a leak in my gear tunnel passenger side for some time, though no where near as bad as yours. Finally found the general area at service center yesterday. Dripping down from passenger C-pillar area. Maybe rear window seal or spoiler area. Will be going back to SC next week. What was issues with yours.
Sponsored