endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Asked my guide about the alarm not activating, and this was her response:

I can understand how that could be helpful but Gear Guard is the security system that monitors the vehicle and deters theft of items in the truck bed. On page 151 in the Owner's Guide, there's a list of action that triggers the Gear Guard alarm, unfortunately, collision is not one. It explains that motion triggers the camera, but no audible alarm sounds.
Sponsored

OP
OP
endress14

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TBD
If Iā€™m eating on someone elseā€™s dime and they keep the courses/drinks coming Iā€™m not going to bail early! (Although I was DD so my passengers enjoyed the drinking part)

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Asked my guide about the alarm not activating, and this was her response:

I can understand how that could be helpful but Gear Guard is the security system that monitors the vehicle and deters theft of items in the truck bed. On page 151 in the Owner's Guide, there's a list of action that triggers the Gear Guard alarm, unfortunately, collision is not one. It explains that motion triggers the camera, but no audible alarm sounds.
Yeah, about that... Have her set the alarm on her truck and then open the door from the outside. Have her let you know how that goes.

TJM

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford E-350 7.6L Power Stroke
Occupation
Retired
Lying to the police about not being there should add to the charges.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
Rivian R1T R1S Gear Guard catches hit and run A42ABF05-B4E9-458A-9AF6-B9642E03724C

I shall be in the lookout in CO.

Karma is a bizzatch.

Sponsored

Lesyo64

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Accord hybrid
Occupation
Retired
I like the moment of hesitation by the driver of the Audi...."wait are they just gonna drive off? Well, not my place to say anything I guess. Hey wait, what is that truck? Rivian? I wonder who makes that. Probably Ford."
Good "authoring" !

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I'll write it from the CA standpoint, which is just as liberal in interpetations of laws as CO.

Accidents are considered "civil matters." Civil matters do not require that a report be taken, because they are handled by the owners of the vehicles involved or the owners insurance companies. Some Police department will take a report as a "curtesy", but in a bigger city, all these reports really do is tie up resources, like keeping Officers off the street. The report will be written, filed by a records clerk and then go absolutely nowhere. No crime, means no investigation, because the Officer can only go off each drivers statements.

Hit and Run accidents typically only rise to the level of a misdemeanor, unless an injury is involved. First you have to prove that owner of the vehicle was the one driving at the time of the accident. The Gear Guard Video did not show who jumped in the car. If it was the owner of the vehicle, all they really have to say is "Thanks for letting me know, I had no clue I hit that car Officer." Now we are back to a civil matter, because it is just an accident again and you can't prove that they did know they hit your car. Gear Guard once again doesn't show the driver get out, inspect the damage and then decide to drive away. A good witness may help, but of course the guy in the Mercedez Benz was zero help. I don't really blame him, because he would have to stick around on a low priority call and be interviewed by the Police. If he did see the driver, he would have to pick them out of a photo lineup at a later date and then agree to take even more time out of his life to go to court, if the suspect is ever prosecuted. I am getting ahead myself, because both CA and CO would never prosecute anyone for a misdemeanor hit and run, because... well politics aren't for this thread.

Also, people lie to the Police all day long. No City Attorney in this day and age would procecute someone for lying to the Police, because that is where we are at in society. Especially not in CA or CO. Imagine if we could prosecute a politition for lying (bi-partison).

Don't get me wrong, I would be beside myself if this happened to my brand new car. But, this isn't a blame Police for not taking a report thing. This is a call your insurance and give them a copy of the video thing. Let them figure it out.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Eating dinner and this happened 2 hours before I came out of the restaurant. Filed police report. Lady denied being there of course, but gear guard saves the day. Thankfully the damage was minor and the PPF did a better job of protecting the paint than I would have imagined1

+1 for PPF & Gary
-1 for lying A-holes

Last edited:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I'll write it from the CA standpoint, which is just as liberal in interpetations of laws as CO.

Accidents are considered "civil matters." Civil matters do not require that a report be taken, because they are handled by the owners of the vehicles involved or the owners insurance companies. Some Police department will take a report as a "curtesy", but in a bigger city, all these reports really do is tie up resources, like keeping Officers off the street. The report will be written, filed by a records clerk and then go absolutely nowhere. No crime, means no investigation, because the Officer can only go off each drivers statements.

Hit and Run accidents typically only rise to the level of a misdemeanor, unless an injury is involved. First you have to prove that owner of the vehicle was the one driving at the time of the accident. The Gear Guard Video did not show who jumped in the car. If it was the owner of the vehicle, all they really have to say is "Thanks for letting me know, I had no clue I hit that car Officer." Now we are back to a civil matter, because it is just an accident again and you can't prove that they did know they hit your car. Gear Guard once again doesn't show the driver get out, inspect the damage and then decide to drive away. A good witness may help, but of course the guy in the Mercedez Benz was zero help. I don't really blame him, because he would have to stick around on a low priority call and be interviewed by the Police. If he did see the driver, he would have to pick them out of a photo lineup at a later date and then agree to take even more time out of his life to go to court, if the suspect is ever prosecuted. I am getting ahead myself, because both CA and CO would never prosecute anyone for a misdemeanor hit and run, because... well politics aren't for this thread.

Also, people lie to the Police all day long. No City Attorney in this day and age would procecute someone for lying to the Police, because that is where we are at in society. Especially not in CA or CO. Imagine if we could prosecute a politition for lying (bi-partison).

Don't get me wrong, I would be beside myself if this happened to my brand new car. But, this isn't a blame Police for not taking a report thing. This is a call your insurance and give them a copy of the video thing. Let them figure it out.
I would like to yell at you and tell you how wrong you areā€¦.

Iā€™d really like toā€¦. if only I couldā€¦šŸ™

OP
OP
endress14

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TBD

I guess I missed the part where anyone blamed the police for anything

Sponsored

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
Did the alarm go off? Mine went off a few days ago and I rush to the street, watch the videos and there is nothing. Not even anyone walking/driving nearby.

Meanwhile I already have one scuff I canā€™t get out from someone opening their door into the truck and the alarm never went off.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Did the alarm go off? Mine went off a few days ago and I rush to the street, watch the videos and there is nothing. Not even anyone walking/driving nearby.

Meanwhile I already have one scuff I canā€™t get out from someone opening their door into the truck and the alarm never went off.
You are the first person I've seen that has even had their alarm go off.. Did you get an app notification, or you just heard the horn?

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
You are the first person I've seen that has even had their alarm go off.. Did you get an app notification, or you just heard the horn?
App notification. Seemed to be a total fluke. Took me 4-5 min to get there and alarm was off when I got to it or never activated. Video in the ā€œalarmā€ tab and were 30sec each but completely boring videoā€¦not even a car driving by.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
App notification. Seemed to be a total fluke. Took me 4-5 min to get there and alarm was off when I got to it or never activated. Video in the ā€œalarmā€ tab and were 30sec each but completely boring videoā€¦not even a car driving by.
Casper strikes again!
Sponsored