Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Eating dinner and this happened 2 hours before I came out of the restaurant. Filed police report. Lady denied being there of course, but gear guard saves the day. Thankfully the damage was minor and the PPF did a better job of protecting the paint than I would have imagined.
I hope the police charge her with obstruction of justice for lying. That'd teach her.
Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
There is still the deductible, time, and hassle for repairs.
In my experience if it's 100% the other person's fault, you pay no deductible. But yes, still plenty of hassle and lost time.

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
Lady denied being there of course, but gear guard saves the day.

Nothing like love tapping the camera with your license plate to get you caught!

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I hope the police charge her with obstruction of justice for lying. That'd teach her.
ā€˜Every interaction I have had filing a report, I was treated like I was the criminal. The officer was often pissed because I didnā€™t understand that you only file a report when you are bleeding to death in ER and you better be a victim in another district so he does not have to do the paperwork. In one case there was a video of the crime available and they didnā€™t want to bother with taking a look or getting a copy. So I am really curious how police handles this in your area.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Eating dinner and this happened 2 hours before I came out of the restaurant. Filed police report. Lady denied being there of course, but gear guard saves the day. Thankfully the damage was minor and the PPF did a better job of protecting the paint than I would have imagined.

Unbelievable. I just don't understand some people. I mean, 2 hours to eat dinner?

Jokes aside, hope for a speedy resolution to this in your favor.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I like the moment of hesitation by the driver of the Audi...."wait are they just gonna drive off? Well, not my place to say anything I guess. Hey wait, what is that truck? Rivian? I wonder who makes that. Probably Ford."

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Based on this being a 30 sec. clip, I'm guessing this was a simple Gear Guard video based on motion? The alarm didn't sound, and you got no alert on your phone/app?

OP
OP
endress14

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Based on this being a 30 sec. clip, I'm guessing this was a simple Gear Guard video based on motion? The alarm didn't sound, and you got no alert on your phone/app?
correct on all counts. given the time interval and number of people in the lot, I had to sift through a whole bunch of videos to find it.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
correct on all counts. given the time interval and number of people in the lot, I had to sift through a whole bunch of videos to find it.
I humbly request that you submit this as a service ticket to help Rivian improve enable their alarm system...

Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

This makes me want to turn my gear guard back on. Does anyone know if the battery drain issues have been resolved with Gear Guard?

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I humbly request that you submit this as a service ticket to help Rivian improve enable their alarm system...
Itā€™s enabled. Itā€™s just a silent alarm.

You knowā€¦silent EV, silent alarm. Doesnā€™t disturb the natural environment.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
The 2nd person that watched and pretended nothing happened is the best.

I'm not surprised by the initial douchebag but who sees it happen and doesn't take a photo of the license plate & leave a note?