Sponsored

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Eating dinner and this happened 2 hours before I came out of the restaurant. Filed police report. Lady denied being there of course, but gear guard saves the day. Thankfully the damage was minor and the PPF did a better job of protecting the paint than I would have imagined.

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Eating dinner and this happened 2 hours before I came out of the restaurant. Filed police report. Lady denied being there of course, but gear guard saves the day. Thankfully the damage was minor and the PPF did a better job of protecting the paint than I would have imagined.
Personally, I'm more than a little interested in this thread.

I'd be curious to know how the police reacted to you having video and all that as you make progress on getting to a resolution.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Gary busy at work!!!

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

On another note, I can't wait to tell my wife we don't have to park in abandoned lots and walk a quarter mile to places because she's afraid of getting a ding.
There is still the deductible, time, and hassle for repairs.

Reactions: Max

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
The camera quality certainly leaves something to be desired. You can't read the license plate until they just about hit you. Is this the only front-facing GG camera view? I would personally prefer a less obstructed camera behind the rearview mirror, similar to Tesla.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT

On another note, I can't wait to tell my wife we don't have to park in abandoned lots and walk a quarter mile to places because she's afraid of getting a ding.
You'll still get the ding! You can just see it happen now :)

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

People suck
Took the words out of my mouth. Person in the SUV sucks too forwatching and just leaving without writing a note or something about the accident.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I see you are in Colorado like I am. Where was this so I can avoid that parking lot. 😜

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

When we first got our Model 3, the dash cam capability saved us from false accident claim.

Someone on a Jeep Wrangler followed my wife from our freeway exit to our house to say that she hit his vehicle at the offramp. Yes there was a small damage to his vehicle but nothing to ours. He said couple of hundred dollars would take care of it....

Once we showed the video clearly showing that the damage was already there and she came nowhere near close enough to tap this vehicle, much less hit, he quickly left without saying another word. Clearly he was trying to hustle my wife for few bucks.

Glad to see Rivian will be enabling dash cam capability using the gear guard cams in the near future. There are hundreds of examples of Tesla cams saving their owners "he-said-she-said" situations as well as hit and runs.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
When we first got our Model 3, the dash cam capability saved us from false accident claim.

Someone on a Jeep Wrangler followed my wife from our freeway exit to our house to say that she hit his vehicle at the offramp. Yes there was a small damage to his vehicle but nothing to ours. He said couple of hundred dollars would take care of it....

Once we showed the video clearly showing that the damage was already there and she came nowhere near close enough to tap this vehicle, much less hit, he quickly left without saying another word. Clearly he was trying to hustle my wife for few bucks.

Glad to see Rivian will be enabling dash cam capability using the gear guard cams in the near future. There are hundreds of examples of Tesla cams saving their owners "he-said-she-said" situations as well as hit and runs.
I am very pleased to know that Rivian is adding the dash cam feature. But still, it's pretty sad commentary on societies never-ending race to the bottom
Sponsored