Garage Speaker Setup Ideas?

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
Okay. So I’ve got a ~4000 standalone barn/garage. Spray foam on roof and walls but otherwise not climate controlled right now. I want sound when I open the doors up and am jamming outside.
My *best* idea for the moment is to run 3 marine amped bazooka tubes plus some outdoor speakers for the mids. I have no idea on the receiver I should run. Any tips? Do I need a true 5.3? I haven’t played with audio since high school. Thanks
Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Do you just want music? Or am I missing something.

Some big floor/wall speakers and a receiver will do pretty good.

No need for more than 2.1

Need more? Either add outdoor speakers or get some sort of public performance amplified setup.

No Bazooka garbage, home audio is fine here.

OP
OP

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
Do you just want music? Or am I missing something.

Some big floor/wall speakers and a receiver will do pretty good.

No need for more than 2.1

Need more? Either add outdoor speakers or get some sort of public performance amplified setup.

No Bazooka garbage, home audio is fine here.
Thanks. Yah, After some more research I’ve decided a PA makes the most sense. Was looking at building my own but figured whatever I get, I’ll replace in a year so I’m just keeping an eye out for some used sets

I’ve got a small ~500w home system in there now and I can hear it if I’m not working on something or running equipment but def need more boom.

Chris S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Model 3 Perf, '19 MX-5 Club, '22 Model Y Perf
Occupation
REALTOR
Go w/ a Sonos system. Their gear sounds great and is super easy to set up and use.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Go w/ a Sonos system. Their gear sounds great and is super easy to set up and use.
+1 on the Sonos...all wireless/WiFi enabled. All you need is power to the speakers. I also use the Sonos Move and Sonos Roam battery powered speakers when I need to localize the tunes. Best part is that it uses your phone and an App to run the music so no receiver required. I got online XM with my normal subscription so between that and Spotify, I've got all the music I need.

Sponsored

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
This is what we use for our pool. Sonos amp inside the house connected to a pair of Definitive outdoor speakers. Control it all from my phone. Easy peasy.

OP
OP

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
Thanks. Yah, After some more research I’ve decided a PA makes the most sense. Was looking at building my own but figured whatever I get, I’ll replace in a year so I’m just keeping an eye out for some used sets
+1 on the Sonos...all wireless/WiFi enabled. All you need is power to the speakers. I also use the Sonos Move and Sonos Roam battery powered speakers when I need to localize the tunes. Best part is that it uses your phone and an App to run the music so no receiver required. I got online XM with my normal subscription so between that and Spotify, I've got all the music I need.
I’ve got 4,000sqft of open barn plus outdoor space. Not sure of a sonos setup to accomplish this. If there is a good controller that I can easily link to normal speakers that might work but I don’t currently have WiFi out there.
Sponsored