Sponsored

Garage Door Opener - Learning Remote Programming - Must Read - Version 2022.15.0

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
My Chamberlain programmed in about 30 seconds.
Same. By far the easiest vehicle to program with my Chamberlin MyQ openers. So nice that you don't have to go through the whole learning process on a Rivian.
Sponsored

dsandberg

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have an Overhead Door brand garage door opener. After unsuccessfully performing the second step of the Rivian garage door set up (linking the Rivian to the garage door opener with three successive screen button presses) trying multiple times yesterday I finally gave up in frustration.

Today, I tried doing the whole garage opener set up process again - but this time with the Rivian parked inside the garage rather than directly in front of it as it was yesterday. Naturally, today it successfully completed the garage door set up on the first try. The only difference between yesterday‘s repeated failures and today was the location of the R1S during the set up.

I can't believe the suggestions would work above, but I have an Overhead Garage brand door (similar to the Genie doors I believe) and I couldn't get past step 1 which is syncing the remote with the car. But I started pressing the remote 5 seconds before I hit the sync button AND I moved my car inside the garage and it worked instantly!!! With the car in the garage I had to use a broom stick to hit the learn button on the door opener unit but that was easy. It programmed immediately with the next 3 steps screen and I am all set. Thanks guys for the two suggestions in this thread.

Reactions: Jac

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security
I have a LiftMaster but use MyQ via my iPhone. I believe my original LiftMaster remotes are disabled if I can find them. Can I get this to work without the remote, using the main controller only? Thanks
Sponsored