Sponsored

Garage Door Opener - Learning Remote Programming - Must Read - Version 2022.15.0

beinenson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Hi there!

I just installed 2022.15.0 and wanted to add a garage door opener from Lift Master "Learning Remote". Follow my steps, and you will be victorious!

[print or copy this page to your phone for an easy step by step process]

Go to Settings/Vehicle/Garage Door

Add a new

Name your Garage/Gate

Follow the prompts and use your existing remote to hold the button and press pair on the screen.

It will say successful.

Now you will have two choices: Test Again and Done.

DO NOT MOVE!

Go to your garage hardware and press the LEARN button and come back to the vehicle. Press TEST AGAIN - wait for a three-beep confirmation from the garage hardware.

Go back to the garage hardware, press the LEARN button the second time, come back to the vehicle, and press TEST AGAIN -
wait for a three-beep confirmation from the garage hardware.

Go back (the final third time) to the garage hardware, press the LEARN button the third time, come back to the vehicle, and press TEST AGAIN -
wait for a three-beep confirmation from the garage hardware.

Hit Continue/Done

Test the regular button from your Rivian.

Have a beer!
Sponsored

bmac

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Navigator, 2014 Audi S4, 2018 GT350 Mustang
I've been unsuccessful at getting my Lift Master garage door paired to the truck. I'll give this a try tomorrow. I reached out to customer service and they had me do a reboot with no success. It's been a week and I haven't heard back from them on a solution.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Has anyone had the delivery people configure this for you at time of delivery? Mine is arriving this afternoon, and I may ask them to do it.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
I have lift master openers and mine programmed fine. Even our neighborhood gate - which is insanely finicky - programmed first try. Not saying anyone is doing anything wrong, just curious that some have no issues while others do.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
@beinenson Thanks! I'll have to try this when I get my R1S (probably a year from now 🤞). I have 2 Liftmaster 8500 units and haven't had issues pairing them with my current vehicles. Maybe Rivian will resolve by the time I get my R1S and I don't have to go through the rigmarole you went through!

bchriv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian RT1 Launch Edition
Thanks for the tip

I was able to follow the general flow of these instructions and got my Liftmaster garage door configured. It took me a couple of tries so I don't know the exact difference in my steps but keep hitting the learn button on the garage hardware and run test again and eventually you get the continue/done screen and it works. my opener did not beep or give me any feeback except that the learn light would go out and I would keep re-pressing it and running the try again on the truck console.

snomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XV Crosstrek
Through some of the posts here and elsewhere on the forum I was able to sucessfully pair my LiftMaster 8500 with a 888LM MyQ Wall Control Panel to my Rivian. Previously when following the the on-screen instructions, I would get to the "Test Connection" page, hit the "Test Connection" and garage pairing would crash and drop me back at the Drive page. I followed a combination of the instructions that have linked to, but to summarize:

1. Go to Settings/Vehicle/Garage Door
  2. Add a new
  3. Name your Garage/Gate
  4. Follow the instructions to hold down the button on the remote and pair. You'll receive a "Remote Signal Received" message.
  5. Hit Continue and immediately press the same button on the remote as it attempts to send the signal to the Garage/Gate.
  6. Once that is done, you will have two choices: Test Again and Done.
  7. Go to your garage hardware and press the LEARN button twice on the MyQ control panel to put it into learning mode and come back to the vehicle. Press TEST AGAIN - wait for a three-beep confirmation from the garage hardware.
  8. Go to your garage hardware and press the LEARN button and come back to the vehicle. Press TEST AGAIN and verify it works as expected.
  9. Hit Continue/Done

TXRIV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Technology Sales
Has anyone gotten this to work on a Liftmaster Sliding Gate unit? I keep getting the 3 beeps, then when I hit the test button it just goes back to the main screen and the Gate unit isn't recognized. My garage doors worked very easily on the first try, but can't get the big sliding gate unit to recognize...anyone have an idea?

Sponsored

lawmangm

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara
Occupation
Sales Director
Clubs

I stayed with my HomeKit and MyQ, and keep Apple Home open when I get near the house. The software on the Rivian just doesn’t seem “next gen“ enough for me at this point.

snomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XV Crosstrek
Worth noting that the notes for the next version of software note improvements to Liftmaster 8500...

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
I stayed with my HomeKit and MyQ, and keep Apple Home open when I get near the house. The software on the Rivian just doesn’t seem “next gen“ enough for me at this point.
It's next gen enough for me - my doors open from 100 ft away not even in the line of sight. Programming was also a piece of cake, less than a minute was all it took to successfully program my Chamberlain openers.

Mammalian04

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X, R1S LE Pre-Order
Worked. Thank you for posting this!!! I have a lift master 8500 side mount with the keypad that has a bunch of buttons. It’s always a pain to program, unlike all other liftmasters. Thanks again.

shandel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S FG/FE Adventure 20, Audi e-tron, Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

I have a Linear garage door with rolling codes. It took me a while to get it to work. I finally tried holding the remote button down for about 5 seconds next to the mirror before pressing the
Pair button on the screen. After two or three failed attempts, it finally worked. Pressing Pair and then the remote never worked, so try it in this order with a delay of about 5 seconds.
Sponsored