Clubs

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
I hadn't dug in any more after that came up last time, but this time I dug around a bit more. It looks like it might be a variant on this Chamberlain ARQ product.

Rivian R1T R1S Garage Door Integration?  Homelink? Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 3.56.44 PM

It has a fairly broad compatibility chart, so it looks like it's just a different type of HomeLink.

On the FCC page, you can dig up a photo of the component:
Rivian R1T R1S Garage Door Integration?  Homelink? Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 3.58.54 PM

And attached to this post is the user's manual if you are interested.

Attachments

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse

If someone hasn't done it already by the time I get my truck I will do a write up on installing this.
There was a guy on the Chevrolet SS/Holden Commodore forums that created a small business around installing these things in headrests for people (apparently there are no garage doors in Australia where the Holdens used to be made?). He was really good, but I will hold off on tracking down his information and posting it until I know for sure that Rivian doesn't already have the hardware and is just waiting on the software solution.

Although I am confident that the Rivian is going to have something built-in, if they disappoint me I will be going this route again.

BRadloff

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Toyota Tundra, BMW 535
Occupation
Sales
I heard from a fairly reliable source that the garage door opener will be enabled in the next OTA.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model-Y, VW GTI, Holden Commodore (Chevy SS)
Occupation
Engineer, Business Owner, Sales Guy
There was a guy on the Chevrolet SS/Holden Commodore forums that created a small business around installing these things in headrests for people (apparently there are no garage doors in Australia where the Holdens used to be made?). He was really good, but I will hold off on tracking down his information and posting it until I know for sure that Rivian doesn't already have the hardware and is just waiting on the software solution.

Although I am confident that the Rivian is going to have something built-in, if they disappoint me I will be going this route again.
Are you a fellow SS/Holden owner ? I have my R1T parked next to my 6.2L SS/Holden haha.
Sponsored