Sponsored

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

The broken Cybertruck is not the only or even the best thing that happened when a bunch of electric vehicles went to King of the Hammers. The Optima Unplugged event was dominated by Rivians, but there were a couple Kias, Lightenings, and plug-in-hybrid Jeeps too!

What really stood out is how amazing this community is. Folks brought and helped install Megawatt Rock Sliders before the drives. We had 5 Thunderbolt Adventure Supply kitchens on hand. Fun and games were had around the evening camp fire. And racing legend Tanner Foust was just as nice as he seems on TV.

Here are a few photos and videos to try and give you the flavor of the event.

install in process.jpg

yellow rock slide.jpg

IMG_5582.jpg

IMG_5671.JPG

IMG_6232.JPG

IMG_6245.JPG

IMG_5670.JPG
Man that red looks sooooo nice!

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Sponsored

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
'22 R1T VIN 2xx, '19 Model 3, '70 Blazer
Nice!!

Slightly off topic. Are these Megawatt sliders? They seem to have the widest coverage compared to the other options out there. Do the ones for the R1S have similar coverage?
They are indeed the Megawatt sliders. The R1S sliders are pretty much identical, just a little shorter to accommodate the smaller wheelbase.

Last edited:

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Nice!!

Slightly off topic. Are these Megawatt sliders? They seem to have the widest coverage compared to the other options out there. Do the ones for the R1S have similar coverage?
I would caution against ordering these sliders if you are at all on a time constraint. I’m sure the quality will be excellent (assuming they are ever delivered). At the time i placed my order it was estimated 12 weeks for delivery. I get delays and such, but we are now at 19+ weeks and counting. I received a shipment notification a week ago and as of today the carrier has no record of said shipment so who knows how long the actual time will be from order to delivery.

The company has been responsive to emails with explanations, and I have no doubt they are trying to pump them out as quickly as they can. This isn’t to keep people from ordering them at all, just trying to help with expectations.

Nine_One_Six_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Clubs

I would caution against ordering these sliders if you are at all on a time constraint. I’m sure the quality will be excellent (assuming they are ever delivered). At the time i placed my order it was estimated 12 weeks for delivery. I get delays and such, but we are now at 19+ weeks and counting. I received a shipment notification a week ago and as of today the carrier has no record of said shipment so who knows how long the actual time will be from order to delivery.

The company has been responsive to emails with explanations, and I have no doubt they are trying to pump them out as quickly as they can. This isn’t to keep people from ordering them at all, just trying to help with expectations.
Yep, I have not ordered because of the estimated time. It's currently showing 14 weeks on the R1S page.

Where did you see 19+ weeks? or you mean you are at 19+ weeks since you put the order?
Sponsored