Sponsored

Full vehicle PPF wrap -- what'd you pay, and how do you like it? SoCal checking in.

kemxns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
I'm taking delivery of an R1S soon. I got all excited by the PPF program, then realized it may be moot for my SUV (it seems to have been truck only?!?). Anyway, who's got a wrap, what'd you pay, and how do you like it? SoCal checking in.
Sponsored

AA_Rivian_Socal

First Name
Alaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green R1T Adv. / BM / 20 AT
Occupation
management
Clubs

I am getting my R1T wrapped currently with a local orange county company who has been recommended by friends of ours. he is using Xpel products. Price is fair and his company seems to have a good rating. I will post pictures once it is done. I hope to get my truck back this week.

https://www.palmoexclusive.com/

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Canyon Red R1T, 2022 Blue Model Y,
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
Getting PPF (PremiumShield Elite SH, not XPEL) through a place here in Austin that I have used a few times before for my Tesla (PPF, Tint, rim repair). It was a good deal more than my Model Y Perf, but its a MUCH bigger vehicle as well. $6300.

nrrasmussen

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S; Audi All-road Wagon; Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

We will get our R1S stealth wrapped here in Houston once we get the collision repair done (we were literally on our way there but never made it due to a rear-end collision). Quote was from AFS in Houston for $7,900, and service center here confirmed they do good work. Will post pics if we ever get there :)

Rivian R1T R1S Full vehicle PPF wrap -- what'd you pay, and how do you like it? SoCal checking in. 1672702530931

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I had everything on my truck done, excluding:
  • Truck bed sides up to A pillar section
  • Upper third of doors (PPF is applied from base of doors up to door body line
$3,200. I also had the door sills done and gear tunnels re-done. Full truck would have been $7,000. SunTek Reaction.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Am I an idiot for not getting any ppf. I have like zero noticeable chips on my 2003 Tacoma though I have the classic sun beaten degradation the roof. Is modern paint that much worse?

OP
OP

kemxns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
Am I an idiot for not getting any ppf. I have like zero noticeable chips on my 2003 Tacoma though I have the classic sun beaten degradation the roof. Is modern paint that much worse?
So I don't personally value the idea of PPF because it keeps the paint intact or whatever. I like the (theory) that PPF self-heals and looks like it's new for longer. I live in a salt-free environment so I don't have to worry about small dings or chips exposing metal that will rust. Here's how I'm thinking about it:

Paint looks 100% for 3 months
next 9 months it looks 95%
year 2 - 4 it looks 90%
year 5 - 10 it looks 80%
year 10 - 25 it looks 75%

PPF looks 100% for 3 months
next 9 months looks 99%
year 2 - 4 looks 96%
year 5 - 10 looks 90%
year 10 - 25.... get new PPF

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

OP
OP

kemxns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
@kemxns did you get it wrapped? I just got our R1S back from Stealth wrap and window tint.

https://shinedetailingllc.com/
Not yet, but I love yours! I've been busy and out of town for the holidays so I'm just getting my life together for the year and the wrap is high on my list. I've got to decide who I want to handle all the extra options:

1. Wrap choice: Xpel Stealth
  2. Tint Driver/Passenger windows and everything backward from there? YES
    1. I'm thinking about adding 30% tint... what's yours?
  3. Tint WINDSHIELD? probably not... I actually don't like it from the driving perspective. Just my personal preference, though.
  4. Tint ROOF? I'm still 50/50 on this.
  5. Chromed rail blackout? I'm still debating.
  6. Tint light bars? Probably not, again just my current preference.
  7. Ceramic coating? Probably not. Mostly feels wasteful to pay $1k for what costs me $100 and 2 hours outside. Unfortunately I have an outdoor parking situation so I'm resolved to the fact that my car wont look perfect every day. It's only going to look good when it gets washed (approx 60day cycle, frankly).

Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Three of my last four vehicles were PPF wrapped, but I didn't wrap my last truck and it held up o.k. for 3 years. For the R1T, I have TWRAPS on the lights, center of the "grille" and door sills and was not planning to go any further but I may reconsider now that I have a quote in hand. It's only $4500 for an XPEL Ultimate full wrap (clear). Quote includes edge wrap and removal/install of badges.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Full vehicle PPF wrap -- what'd you pay, and how do you like it? SoCal checking in. 948E3BCB-D4D8-4D9C-ADD1-A2F8D203B33A

I also added the ceramic

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I didn’t feel any need to tint the roof. All of the heat is coming through the windshield. Even if you don’t darken the windshield, at least get a clear film to block heat.

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
Thinking about going the Stealth route - is it any harder to keep clean/looking good than gloss PPF? We’ll be getting our S dirty/muddy on a regular basis on the way to our cabin.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Mine seems to be easy to keep clean. Not sure if it’s the wrap or ceramic that makes it easy.
Sponsored