• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

Full spare “group” purchase

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

I recently pulled the trigger on a R1 Shop config that was extremely close to my desired config (just missing a spare)
With the official tires and rims only being sold in a four pack I was thinking if the stars align I’d reach out and see if there were 3 other people who would want to go in on a tire set purchase, if they were looking to get a spare after delivery
Sponsored

bearcats513

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ford Maverick, Chevrolet Bolt
Clubs

I'd be up for a 20" A/T wheel if that's what we're buying...

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
Not related to your search for other people to buy a full set, but what happens if you just ruin a wheel (accident, off-roading incident, etc). Does Rivian force force you to buy a set of 4 if you only need one?

bearcats513

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ford Maverick, Chevrolet Bolt
Clubs

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Not related to your search for other people to buy a full set, but what happens if you just ruin a wheel (accident, off-roading incident, etc). Does Rivian force force you to buy a set of 4 if you only need one?
You can buy a single through the service center. It's not as cheap as dividing up a set of four though.

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

I would too, but still leaves us without a jack and tools.
I have the same concern. I’m curious are the Rivian jack & tools high quality, better than what I could cobble together in the aftermarket? Do they have some sort of unique & clever way of being stored?

Can someone please post a photo of the OEM Rivian jack & tools?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I have the same concern. I’m curious are the Rivian jack & tools high quality, better than what I could cobble together in the aftermarket? Do they have some sort of unique & clever way of being stored?

Motor trend did an entire article on the R1T spare wheel and how to use it.

rhumbliner

First Name
thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T & Model X
Occupation
Retired
I’ll be in Temecula around mid-January so if they arrvie by then I’d be interested. Otherwise it’s kind of a long drive from Bend.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass

You can most likely piece together a better kit for about the same money if you so desired.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/sold-spare-tire-kit.8699/

The hardest part is really the jack. It is nice that it gets pretty low and can go high lift when needed. But if you're not off roading, you won't really need that range of height.

I picked up a bottle jack that's operated from the compressor, a metal jack puck, and I already had a lug wrench, but I also throw my impact into the well if I'm going on a road trip. The only real negative is it doesn't secure as nicely in the trunk.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HighVoltOverland

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

I would be looking for the 20" AT as well

I never had any luck with scissor jacks off road, and hoping the budding market for proper sliders (not running boards) will give a decent hilt jack point that I'm used to

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
You can buy one from the service center. And if I was in the market for a spare, that would be my first call rather than looking to split up a 4 pack.

OP
OP
HighVoltOverland

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

@sean_k it appears I had a very similar thought about a week after you
still interested?

OP
OP
HighVoltOverland

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

I’ll be in Temecula around mid-January so if they arrvie by then I’d be interested. Otherwise it’s kind of a long drive from Bend.
I can run them over Ortega Hwy to you or you could come pick em up in Laguna (and stalk RJ)
(if I can find two others)

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I recently pulled the trigger on a R1 Shop config that was extremely close to my desired config (just missing a spare)
With the official tires and rims only being sold in a four pack I was thinking if the stars align I’d reach out and see if there were 3 other people who would want to go in on a tire set purchase, if they were looking to get a spare after delivery
Why don't you just get a spare through the service center?
Sponsored