• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

Washington FS: R1T - Launch Edition Green, Large Pack, 20” All Terrain Dark

Kiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350
Heads up to forum members, looking at owning an incredible electric rig! I have to sell this, for personal reasons, but someone will I’m sure find a good home for her:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175333448882
Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

The gain tax will be fun to pay.
GLWS

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

LOL.

Includes the following options:

• Launch Edition

• Large Battery Pack ($6,000 upgrade)

• Rivian Launch Green Metallic exterior color ($1,750 upgrade)
The Large battery isn't an upgrade on the Launch Edition, it's included; and "Launch Green Metallic" is literally free for the Launch Edition, and *NOT AVAILABLE AT ALL* on non-Launch Edition, therefore it has no measurable upgrade value.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
$106k - Reserve not met.

I can't even...

Sponsored

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yeah OP could’ve easily received $150k not long ago.
If anything it shows that interest/demand is dying down.
A lot faster than I would’ve thought. Auto trader has a ton of them in the $120k range just sitting there last I checked.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Yeah OP could’ve easily received $150k not long ago.

A lot faster than I would’ve thought. Auto trader has a ton of them in the $120k range just sitting there last I checked.
I think, from a usability standpoint, a lot of people will end up with a Lightning. Not everybody wants a super fast truck and it lacks the ability to power homes and such. In addition to that, a lot of reviews are making it clear that the charging infrastructure is not sufficient yet.
Maybe I’m saying all of this to make myself accept that I’m still waiting 3+ years later 😂

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I think, from a usability standpoint, a lot of people will end up with a Lightning. Not everybody wants a super fast truck and it lacks the ability to power homes and such. In addition to that, a lot of reviews are making it clear that the charging infrastructure is not sufficient yet.
Maybe I’m saying all of this to make myself accept that I’m still waiting 3+ years later 😂
My personal opinion is that the Lightning and R1T only compete on a surface level. People will cross shop merely because they're in the same ballpark for price and many just want an electric truck. But the Lightning is really for those who want/need an F150 and wouldn't lose any (or much) functionality if it was powered by the electricity you pay for at home. Just look at the interior materials on even the Platinum trim compared to an Adventure to illustrate my point. Sure the Platinum adds a bunch of features like massaging seats but you're still saddled with a sea of black hard plastic buttons that it shares with the cheaper trims.

In terms of charging infrastructure that's a real issue in many parts of the country, only time will really fix that. But most charging is done at home, folks who rely 100% on the charging infrastructure and not just road trips don't seem to be growing. At least not as far as my anecodal experience at chargers over the years.

Last edited:

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Just look at the interior materials on even the Platinum trim compared to an Adventure to illustrate my point. Sure the Platinum adds a bunch of features like massaging seats but you're still saddled with a sea of black hard plastic buttons that it shares with the cheaper trims.
At the same time, if you compare the lower trims - many truck buyers just don't see the need nor want things like Driver+ we're looking at nearly a $30k difference.

I bought a Pro. $43K with options. The Rivian is $30k more. That's hard to justify IF - big IF, the 230 miles is enough. I prefer a known CarPlay vs an unknown OS/UI. Plus all the usability. Not to mention in real world usability tests - highway (on ramp) pulls, the performance is nearly the same. It is HARD to justify.

That being said if you climb into the lux market and this supports your two different bases. To add CoPilot 360 2.0 w/ assist, that's $10k more on the step from a Pro to an XLT. To add the extended range to match the Rivian, that's now a $74k truck. On a $ for $, like for like. The XLT ER is still has cloth seats. and doesn't have a brake controller if towing is concerned. The Rivian wins hands down. I mean even within Ford, some people have passed on just that $10-$15k difference to wait for the Pro next year.

Where I'm more concerned is the new pricing...
If the demand is dying down at $106k, will the new pricing be problematic for Rivian?

At that point you can get a fully loaded Lariat ER for $15,000 cheaper. Sure there are hard plastics, but that's enough change to hire a custom upholster to wrap that with plenty left over and you still have the larger frunk, backup power, free 80A charger, etc...

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
R1Ts are still selling to private buyers for $120k plus. It's only auction demand that has died down, there are plenty of serious buyers out there still.

Friend had multiple 120k offers within 24 hours last week and sold for 130. People don't like the hassle of vehicle auctions.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Regarding plastic, the Rivian is only made of plastic inside the cabin. Vegan leather is plastic. It dies go against the environment speech of the company.
That being said, after all sorts of Land Rover (Range Rover for some), Jaguar and such, I would never say that the Rivian is as nice as any of those. It’s very nice but not luxurious. I’d say it’s on par with a mid level German brand offering.
I, somehow, really like the interior of my Raptor. There are hard plastic but they feel very soft to the touch. There are different type of textures throughout (most made of some kinda plastic) that are very pleasant to the eye and the touch (no, it’s not a Range Rover but it dies the job).
In all honesty, the fake leather and other materials in the Rivian are fine by me. Maybe they should have gone a bit more eco friendly.

With all the talk here, someone will eventually make an offer to the disappointed OP😉
Sponsored