Sponsored

Front License Plate Mount that looks good and high quality?

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Update: I mounted mine not-quite-all-the-way to the outside and it seems to be fine. But I am not loving the look in general, and am worried that once I add a license plate frame, I'll be back to setting off the sensors based on the minor increase in width.

Maybe one of those stickers is in my future. I am in CA after all.
Do you need the frame? Would the license plate bolted on alone not look as good?
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Do you need the frame? Would the license plate bolted on alone not look as good?

That's how I have it. Looks better than with the frame, and I can curve the edges of the plate slightly to follow the curve of the bumper.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Without a frame it looks slightly unfinished. But I’m not interested in a builtright branded frame and Rivian doesn’t make one, so I may just buy a minimal black silicone one off Amazon.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Just noticed brain exploders mount is selling on Amazon too, nice save on shipping.

Sponsored

gutsack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2020 Tesla Model Y
Chiming in here today to say that I just received my plates finally and went with the Brainexploder Merch tow hook mount and it worked perfectly. Not visible in bird's eye camera view, and hasn't impacted sensors at all. One downside is that it does not include the locking screw for security, but it does have the hole where you can add one, which I'll do at some point.

Also definitely going to take this advice:

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chiming in here today to say that I just received my plates finally and went with the Brainexploder Merch tow hook mount and it worked perfectly. Not visible in bird's eye camera view, and hasn't impacted sensors at all. One downside is that it does not include the locking screw for security, but it does have the hole where you can add one, which I'll do at some point.

Also definitely going to take this advice:
My advice (about using stainless hardware) may not be relevant any more, I believe BrainExploder fixed this, but it's always good to verify.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Unfortunately while the brainexploder tow hook mount looks to work great, I can't pay $60 for some plastic that should cost about $25.

Sponsored

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
Does Rivian provide the "Factory License Plate Frame" that would've been installed but I opted out of? Haven't taken delivery yet but said No to them mounting it.

Ryan1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 Subaru Impreza
Clubs

Snap Plate shadow from birds eye.

790EC27D-CDDE-40AE-A7ED-CBBB9D921A49.jpeg
FWIW I have the standard Rivian installed front plate bracket and it has pretty much the same shadow. You'd think there would be an easy way to map the shadow out of the image just using the software, at the very least for the OEM installed offering.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We just mounted the OEM front license plate holder that came with the truck. We think that this looks very good.

Brian

Rivian R1T R1S Front License Plate Mount that looks good and high quality? DSC_0040.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Front License Plate Mount that looks good and high quality? DSC_0041.JPG

Reactions: pdq

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
We just mounted the OEM front license plate holder that came with the truck. We think that this looks very good.

Brian
Center mount plates change the vehicle's "face" but on the Rivian, it looks better than most vehicles. I avoided the O.E. position/mount because I didn't want to drill any holes in case I end up not mounting a plate eventually. Also, I don't mind the offset plate look.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Does Rivian provide the "Factory License Plate Frame" that would've been installed but I opted out of? Haven't taken delivery yet but said No to them mounting it.
Yes, they did for me. Just verify during delivery in case they forget
Sponsored