Sponsored

Front License Plate Mount that looks good and high quality?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I live in a state with front license plate requirements and didn't want to mess around with aftermarket license plates. I installed the factory license plate mounting kit via drilling holes in the bumper and called it a day. If you go this route make sure you enable the 360 camera before permanently mounting it as if you install it where it appears it needs to be it blocks the camera. I had to install mine much lower than I thought to in order to not block the camera.

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
entrepreneur/ski race coach
I'm getting one in BC legal or not, as I'm assuming the Rivian won't come with a front mount.
It comes w/the truck, SC asked me if I wanted it mounted, I said no and they left it in the frunk.

Reactions: VSG

computertom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco Raptor, '80 911 SC
I also live in a state that requires it, but chose to not have Rivian install the plate mount for me and instead MacGyvered a mount for my tow hook. Ideal? Nope. $40 all in? Yup. Easy to take off now that I have my inspection sticker? Yup…. Does not interfere with any sensors or cameras over there.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I also live in a state that requires it, but chose to not have Rivian install the plate mount for me and instead MacGyvered a mount for my tow hook. Ideal? Nope. $40 all in? Yup. Easy to take off now that I have my inspection sticker? Yup…. Does not interfere with any sensors or cameras over there.
I would have loved to be able to do this, but unfortunately for me I travel through a lot of small texas towns on road trips and cops absolutely love giving tickets for minor BS like not having a front plate. Gotta get that small town revenue in somehow.

Sponsored

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
I am going the vinyl replica route and keeping the real plate in the vehicle. It is not the legal route, but I don't expect to get pulled over because of it and I am at least trying to provide the required information in the required place.

I have no idea who to use, but this is the first result on Google:

https://customlicenseplates.us/

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Is it that bad? Is that why people are searching out alternatives?
No, but installation requires punching holes in the bumper cover, something many don't want to do.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
OP
OP

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞
I live in a state with front license plate requirements and didn't want to mess around with aftermarket license plates. I installed the factory license plate mounting kit via drilling holes in the bumper and called it a day. If you go this route make sure you enable the 360 camera before permanently mounting it as if you install it where it appears it needs to be it blocks the camera. I had to install mine much lower than I thought to in order to not block the camera.
I’ll just have Rivian install/mount it. It’s an option.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I have the BrainExploder one and like it. No interference with cameras (which wasn't a functional issue but bothered me with the SnapPlate one), looks great.

BuiltRight has a cool CNC steel one that mounts to the same place as the BrainExploder one: Pre-Order: Rivian License Plate Mount | Rivian R1T & R1S (2022+) - BuiltRight Industries

1674150529412.png
Not a huge fan of covering up the hooks with a plate. I'll likely just go the sticker route. I do love Builtright's rack system though.
https://builtrightind.com/products/bedside-rack-system-cab-wall-molle-panel-kit-rivian-r1t-2022

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
^^
This is the solution I used and it seems to be secure and also easy to remove the plate if needed.
I looked at that but at $10 more than the Built Right (and you have to supply your own OEM bracket) it seems like a terrible value now.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I looked at that but at $10 more than the Built Right (and you have to supply your own OEM bracket) it seems like a terrible value now.
I've never been a value buyer lol. I wanted something simple and in stock... also, isn't built right $10 more?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've never been a value buyer lol. I wanted something simple and in stock... also, isn't built right $10 more?
I think the Brainexploder is $85 and the Built Right is $75 if I remember correctly.
Sponsored