Sponsored

Front License Plate Mount that looks good and high quality?

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞
Any feedback from those who had the front license plate holder permanently mounted by Rivian? Does it look well (factory) done and aesthetically good with it? I am hoping the plate holder doesn’t look cheap like the ones you get from sports stores. 8)
Pictures appreciated.
Sponsored

NormalLife

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
As I think I am getting closer to Rivian ownership, but very likely not... I am curious too. I am leaning toward the non-permanent solution, but want to consider aesthetics of both options. Being in Texas for now, I am "supposed" to have a front plate. Although, most of my cars over many years have not had one, and I have never been ticketed.

OP
OP

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞
As I think I am getting closer to Rivian ownership, but very likely not... I am curious too. I am leaning toward the non-permanent solution, but want to consider aesthetics of both options. Being in Texas for now, I am "supposed" to have a front plate. Although, most of my cars over many years have not had one, and I have never been ticketed.
Me too. Never were bothered for not having front license plates. I won’t have it installed if not really that important.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I'm using the OE frame in an offset location, using a 3-D printed bracket from Brainexploder Merch to attach to the toe hook. I didn't want any holes drilled anywhere for the front plate and like the offset look.

Rivian R1T R1S Front License Plate Mount that looks good and high quality? front_plate_offset

Sponsored

RYU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm using the OE frame in an offset location, using a 3-D printed bracket from Brainexploder Merch to attach to the toe hook. I didn't want any holes drilled anywhere for the front plate and like the offset look.

front_plate_offset.png
I've been trying to find an STL for the longest time just like that! wow, that's great. would you mind sharing the STL if available?

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification

NormalLife

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
I opted for the Snapplate that is easily removable and theft proof.

792E0D7D-8E08-4008-B58B-74E3345E0020.jpeg
I have seen some reports of this one partially blocking the front camera. Can you elaborate?

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
I have seen some reports of this one (Snap Plate) partially blocking the front camera. Can you elaborate?
It's a shadow that surrounds the front plate on the Rivian middle screen in top view forward camera. It's not crazy big and still allows one to use the front cameras for tight parking. It does not block the view beyond the shadow. Will try to take a pic of it tomorrow.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I have seen some reports of this one partially blocking the front camera. Can you elaborate?
I have one as well. The interference is very minor, and does not effect how I park.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE