First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Element
Occupation
Software Designer
I’m very tall 6’8” and am wondering if another tall member has been able to check the driver seat for headroom and legroom yet? I contacted Rivian customer service and they shared that Shaq was able to fit along with the Shaq photo - which seems suspect as the advertised interior dimensions of the vehicle are not enough to support someone at Shaq’s height. I know there are other threads on this but they were active before we had access to the truck - via test drive events or receiving the truck. Anyway - looking for tall members observations. Thank you!
Sponsored

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
Well I am between 5'11 and 6'0, so I can't really tell you how you would feel. But I can tell you that when I sat in the R1T last week, I felt small'ish. Very close feeling to what I had in a 2008 Sierra Denali.

BWillR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Audi Q7
Occupation
Construction Executive
Clubs

I was at First Mile event and I am 6’-1”. I have slightly longer legs for my height so I generally have the seat back further but prefer a slightly more upright seating recline position. So from a legroom perspective I am more like 6’-2” to 6’-3”.

When I sat in the driver’s seat and put it all the way back it was definitely too far for me. I probably moved it up 2 inches or so before I then adjusted the recline to a comfortable position. I then tested the back seat and while it surely wasn’t as roomy as a true full size truck, my knees were probably an inch or two from the back of the front seat…this perfectly fine for 98% of us.

I am not skinny and didn’t think it felt cramped for shoulder, hip, or head room. Since it didn’t feel weird I didn’t pay attention to how much “extra” space I had.

For you taller people, you will have to check it out for yourselves…hopefully s00n!

OP
OP

Masquerade

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Element
Occupation
Software Designer
I was at First Mile event and I am 6’-1”. I have slightly longer legs for my height so I generally have the seat back further but prefer a slightly more upright seating recline position. So from a legroom perspective I am more like 6’-2” to 6’-3”.

When I sat in the driver’s seat and put it all the way back it was definitely too far for me. I probably moved it up 2 inches or so before I then adjusted the recline to a comfortable position. I then tested the back seat and while it surely wasn’t as roomy as a true full size truck, my knees were probably an inch or two from the back of the front seat…this perfectly fine for 98% of us.

I am not skinny and didn’t think it felt cramped for shoulder, hip, or head room. Since it didn’t feel weird I didn’t pay attention to how much “extra” space I had.

For you taller people, you will have to check it out for yourselves…hopefully s00n!
Thanks for this. This info gives me hope!

Sponsored

wizard467

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (10/2022), Honda Ridgeline
I’m very tall 6’8” and am wondering if another tall member has been able to check the driver seat for headroom and legroom yet? I contacted Rivian customer service and they shared that Shaq was able to fit along with the Shaq photo - which seems suspect as the advertised interior dimensions of the vehicle are not enough to support someone at Shaq’s height. I know there are other threads on this but they were active before we had access to the truck - via test drive events or receiving the truck. Anyway - looking for tall members observations. Thank you!

I am 5’ 11” and currently drive a Honda Ridgeline (current body style). When I went to the Preview event I didn’t drive, but I did get to sit in the vehicles and “kick the tires”. The R1T felt almost exactly the same size-wise as my Ridgeline. When I set the front seat to where I would normally drive and then sat in the backseat I had a bit more than my fist of space in front of my knee and a similar amount of space between my head and roof. The front seat had plenty of headroom.

If you have a Honda dealer near you and want to get a really close estimate go sit in a Ridgeline. If your head is smashed on the roof or your knees are smashed in the Ridgeline I’d be really surprised if the Rivian would work.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Didn’t they have Shaq sit in the truck?

OP
OP

Masquerade

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Element
Occupation
Software Designer
Didn’t they have Shaq sit in the truck?
Yeah. Read the original post. There’s no possible way he fits in the truck with the stated dimensions.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
There’s no possible way he fits in the truck with the stated dimensions.
He clearly fits in the truck, the question is, can he fit comfortably?

OP
OP

Masquerade

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Element
Occupation
Software Designer
He clearly fits in the truck, the question is, can he fit comfortably?
I guess I find it hard to believe that’s a unaltered production model. Would happy if I’m wrong though.

Sponsored

Enjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M240i
Clubs

At 6'2", I'm very interested to know if the rear seat can accommodate a rear-facing child seat with me comfortably in the front. I'm doubting anyone has given this a go yet, so I'm patiently waiting till more trucks are in customers hands before starting a thread on this to hopefully get an answer.

In the meantime, I'll just temporarily hijack this thread. ;)
Sponsored