Sponsored

From Tony End of September Email Delivery Update!

zigzagzap

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maserati QP, Porsche GTS, BMW X5, R1S
Occupation
Financial
At least they are trying to add a level of transparency which is a good thing. I hope this will allow us to better understand the rules and what to expect, next...

"Delivery timing estimates are based on your original preorder date, delivery location and your saved configuration. For this initial update, we will use your preorder information as of October 16th to calculate your estimate." Is this how priority is set?

....... or is this portion paramount? "It's worth reiterating that changing your configuration will almost always result in a change to your delivery timing estimate."

These statements on configuration are interesting and deserve more understanding. Does this mean you can change your configuration up to 10/16 and not change your priority? Or does it mean that ANY change prior to 10/16 or after 10/16 will affect priority?

How many ordered a MAX pack and had to re-configure through no fault of their own? Is that being taken into consideration? Somebody still has more "splaining to do."
Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Generations. Yes a few since the 50s. (My comment was sarcastic by the way).
I figured you were being sarcastic but I get the sense there are folks out there who would take what you said literally and get riled up.

And yes I wholeheartedly agree. Things are different and I wouldnā€™t be surprised if it stays that way. Circumstances in other are affecting the little bit of manufacturing left in this country but thatā€™s a choice we made decades ago to make more money.
Yeah, decades ago our country shifted from long term thinking and focus on value to short term thinking and focus on cost. In many cases individuals prioritized personal wealth by selling out the long term health of their companies, their industries, and even their country. Some people see this as the handiwork of a single generation. That generation now seems surprised when younger folks, saddled with the long term results of their short term thinking, dismiss their current opinions with a simple, ā€œOK, Boomer.ā€

CaptRat

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Chevrolet Corvette, Cadillac CTS
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Waitā€¦. yā€™all got an email?? I know Iā€™m a bit late to the party, but damn.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

At least they are trying to add a level of transparency which is a good thing. I hope this will allow us to better understand the rules and what to expect, next...

"Delivery timing estimates are based on your original preorder date, delivery location and your saved configuration. For this initial update, we will use your preorder information as of October 16th to calculate your estimate." Is this how priority is set?

....... or is this portion paramount? "It's worth reiterating that changing your configuration will almost always result in a change to your delivery timing estimate."

These statements on configuration are interesting and deserve more understanding. Does this mean you can change your configuration up to 10/16 and not change your priority? Or does it mean that ANY change prior to 10/16 or after 10/16 will affect priority?

How many ordered a MAX pack and had to re-configure through no fault of their own? Is that being taken into consideration? Somebody still has more "splaining to do."
Good luck trying to figure this out. šŸ˜‰

Sponsored

estprft

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIT pre-order
Occupation
beer
Clubs

well, my delivery window WAS July-Sept 2022...no communication about missing that delivery window except for the email yesterday on the last day of Sept... patiently still waiting

Nov 2000 pre-order, Launch edition, LG / BM, South Carolina

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
well, my delivery window WAS July-Sept 2022...no communication about missing that delivery window except for the email yesterday on the last day of Sept... patiently still waiting

Nov 2000 pre-order, Launch edition, LG / BM, South Carolina
I assume you mean 2020. And you donā€™t say R1T or S. Did you get a delivery window in June? Never heard of a June window that was July-Sept. Did you have the same config the whole time?

Annoying no matter what but a lot of those details have mattered.

estprft

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIT pre-order
Occupation
beer
Clubs

I assume you mean 2020. And you donā€™t say R1T or S. Did you get a delivery window in June? Never heard of a June window that was July-Sept. Did you have the same config the whole time?

Annoying no matter what but a lot of those details have mattered.
Oops typo, 11/11/2020 pre-order date. RIT. Got the july - sept 2022 delivery window last Novemberā€¦ no updates since then. Yes, same launch edition config entire time except i removed the reinforced underbody/off road upgrade. Also ordered camp kitchen and RTT since beginning.

whiskeyfarmer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whiskeyacres.com
Vehicles
F-150, 30AE MX-5 RF, R1T (on order)
Occupation
Farmer & Distillery Owner
Clubs

The only thing I find interesting in the email is Tony's heavy emphasis on how changing your configuration will delay your delivery. If you want to achieve the unspecified delivery date, you better quit changing your configuration. I'm guessing that only really applies for those who see a chance of taking a delivery in late 2022.

At least they haven't killed the Max Pack, yet.
This. Keep going back and forth between auto tonneau cover and manual. Customer service canā€™t give me any timeline on the manual's development and implementation timeline. I farm and live on a gravel road. Keeping the auto cover clean is basically impossible. Thatā€™s why I chose the manual. But on the other hand, I keep thinking that if I take the auto now Iā€™ll likely get my truck way earlier and eventually they will have a successful warrantee fix. Any thoughts?

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
This. Keep going back and forth between auto tonneau cover and manual. Customer service canā€™t give me any timeline on the manual's development and implementation timeline. I farm and live on a gravel road. Keeping the auto cover clean is basically impossible. Thatā€™s why I chose the manual. But on the other hand, I keep thinking that if I take the auto now Iā€™ll likely get my truck way earlier and eventually they will have a successful warrantee fix. Any thoughts?
If you expect the vehicle next year then you will likely get an improved auto tonneau. Do you know if Rivian will drive to Dekalb to do warranty work?

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Hmmmm.... Rivian branded whiskey you say?

whiskeyfarmer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whiskeyacres.com
Vehicles
F-150, 30AE MX-5 RF, R1T (on order)
Occupation
Farmer & Distillery Owner
Clubs

Thatā€™s a great idea! Hopefully RJ is listening. We sell quite a few private barrels to corporations. He could include one with every delivery for those of us growing impatient. Helps soothe the soul.

kimkeywest

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Murano
Occupation
Retired
Hi Michael,​
To provide more visibility into your preorderā€™s status and help you better plan for delivery, weā€™ll be adding your delivery timing estimate to your Rivian Account in late October. We appreciate your patience while we've built out this new functionality.

Delivery timing estimates are based on your original preorder date, delivery location and your saved configuration. For this initial update, we will use your preorder information as of October 16th to calculate your estimate. Your estimate should appear in your Account at the end of the month. We will share details of how the Account updates will work moving forward when the feature launches next month.

As we continue making updates and additions to our product line, we will do our best to indicate when deliveries for new options will begin. It's worth reiterating that changing your configuration will almost always result in a change to your delivery timing estimate. We plan production several months out, batching groups of similarly configured vehicles to be built in succession. This approach improves predictability with our supply chain and allows us to build more vehicles. We want you to choose the Rivian vehicle thatā€™s perfect for you, and while itā€™s possible your estimate could shift for other reasons, itā€™s important to underscore the impact changes have on your delivery timing estimate.

Many of you have requested this feature and our team is excited to deliver it. We look forward to you seeing it next month.

Tony Caravano
Head of Rivian Customer Engagement​
Can someone please help me understand something? Iā€™m not on this forum enough to know the answer. I paid my deposit in April 2022 yet when I received this email it said my configuration date was October. Iā€™m assuming this will delay delivery, right? I donā€™t have an agent yet.

PVguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Transit Connect, 2000 VW Golf TDI
Occupation
Retired
Thatā€™s a great idea! Hopefully RJ is listening. We sell quite a few private barrels to corporations. He could include one with every delivery for those of us growing impatient. Helps soothe the soul.
On Kesslinger Rd.? With PV array?
I had manual cover but a local Rivian owner convinced me that a power cover was much better choice for an earlier delivery. Just need and looking forward to getting my R1T.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Can someone please help me understand something? Iā€™m not on this forum enough to know the answer. I paid my deposit in April 2022 yet when I received this email it said my configuration date was October. Iā€™m assuming this will delay delivery, right? I donā€™t have an agent yet.
You are misreading the message. What they are saying is whatever the configuration is as of Oct 16th is what will be used for the estimated delivery date provided at the end of October.

There are several factors included in the calculation, original deposit date is one of them.
Sponsored