Sponsored

From Tony End of September Email Delivery Update!

whiskeyfarmer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whiskeyacres.com
Vehicles
F-150, 30AE MX-5 RF, R1T (on order)
Occupation
Farmer & Distillery Owner
Clubs

On Kesslinger Rd.? With PV array?
I had manual cover but a local Rivian owner convinced me that a power cover was much better choice for an earlier delivery. Just need and looking forward to getting my R1T.
Yup. That’s me!
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
This. Keep going back and forth between auto tonneau cover and manual. Customer service can’t give me any timeline on the manual's development and implementation timeline. I farm and live on a gravel road. Keeping the auto cover clean is basically impossible. That’s why I chose the manual. But on the other hand, I keep thinking that if I take the auto now I’ll likely get my truck way earlier and eventually they will have a successful warranty fix. Any thoughts?
In the same situation as you @whiskeyfarmer ... I'd rather have the manual tonneau for simplicity, but Rivian has been silent on how "no tonneau" or "manual tonneau" options impact delivery timelines. You'd think either of those configurations, especially "no tonneau" would be super easy to produce... but for whatever reason they have not delivered a single "no tonneau" truck?

I'm tempted to switch back to "powered tonneau" as well just to hope for a delivery this year to ensure 2022 Fed Tax credits and to be able to have a AWD truck to use this winter. Rivian certainly isn't making things easy for us with their lack of transparency and by constantly kicking the can down the road.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
In the same situation as you @whiskeyfarmer ... I'd rather have the manual tonneau for simplicity, but Rivian has been silent on how "no tonneau" or "manual tonneau" options impact delivery timelines. You'd think either of those configurations, especially "no tonneau" would be super easy to produce... but for whatever reason they have not delivered a single "no tonneau" truck?

I'm tempted to switch back to "powered tonneau" as well just to hope for a delivery this year to ensure 2022 Fed Tax credits and to be able to have a AWD truck to use this winter. Rivian certainly isn't making things easy for us with their lack of transparency and by constantly kicking the can down the road.
For simplicity I too would go no or manual cover. But I think Rivian has been pretty clear they are only doing power covers right now.
It might not be as easy as we think to just "don't give me a cover." It's likely the bed is slightly different for the manual cover (slots for slide in could be wider?), and especially for the no cover option. Can't have an open place in the back of the bed for water and debris to get in.

kimkeywest

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Murano
Occupation
Retired
Thank you!

PVguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Transit Connect, 2000 VW Golf TDI
Occupation
Retired
For simplicity I too would go no or manual cover. But I think Rivian has been pretty clear they are only doing power covers right now.
It might not be as easy as we think to just "don't give me a cover." It's likely the bed is slightly different for the manual cover (slots for slide in could be wider?), and especially for the no cover option. Can't have an open place in the back of the bed for water and debris to get in.
I hung with the manual cover until about three weeks ago (2/2022 pre-order). When I talked to the local R1T owner, I realized that I could deal with a power cover if it meant sooner delivery. He thinks that they will have dual motors on the power cover at some point. Since I do not expect delivery until mid-next year, I felt that this may be ok. To rationalize it, I figured that the storage for the power cover would possibly be “vacant” and there is the issue of storing the manual cover. A compromise….like most everything in life.
At this point I feel that Rivian is doing a pretty good job considering what they have taken on. I will do my best to be patienT. The expectation of never having to stop at a fossil fuel station is very exciting to me.

Sponsored

PVguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Transit Connect, 2000 VW Golf TDI
Occupation
Retired
Yup. That’s me!
I stopped by many years ago on my way home from a PV install we were doing in Malta. Got the private tour thank you. Perhaps I will stop by when I get my R1T…..

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
While not directly relevant, below is hopeful for both inflation and supply:

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
While not directly relevant, below is hopeful for both inflation and supply:

yea; that's the real reason for parts scarcity.
Sponsored