Sponsored

From Tony End of September Email Delivery Update!

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
Hi Michael,​
To provide more visibility into your preorder’s status and help you better plan for delivery, we’ll be adding your delivery timing estimate to your Rivian Account in late October. We appreciate your patience while we've built out this new functionality.

Delivery timing estimates are based on your original preorder date, delivery location and your saved configuration. For this initial update, we will use your preorder information as of October 16th to calculate your estimate. Your estimate should appear in your Account at the end of the month. We will share details of how the Account updates will work moving forward when the feature launches next month.

As we continue making updates and additions to our product line, we will do our best to indicate when deliveries for new options will begin. It's worth reiterating that changing your configuration will almost always result in a change to your delivery timing estimate. We plan production several months out, batching groups of similarly configured vehicles to be built in succession. This approach improves predictability with our supply chain and allows us to build more vehicles. We want you to choose the Rivian vehicle that’s perfect for you, and while it’s possible your estimate could shift for other reasons, it’s important to underscore the impact changes have on your delivery timing estimate.

Many of you have requested this feature and our team is excited to deliver it. We look forward to you seeing it next month.

Tony Caravano
Head of Rivian Customer Engagement​
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike TDM

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
So if your delivery window is Oct-Dec how would you take this email?
My delivery window is Nov 22- Jan 23. Probably won't change except I will be able to see this timeline in my account now! HA!

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
So if your delivery window is Oct-Dec how would you take this email?
That is my window, I assumed it is a general email with your name plugged in so if you have not been contacted before end of the month you will have an estimated date by then.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Seriously, people bitch because they don’t communicate and then bitch because they don’t like the communication.

Clearly does not matter what Rivian does, they will get complaints anyway…..

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
what a waste of an email. basically told us nothing which they could have just posted on the website.
I’m sure everyone here would have taken that well. We knew exactly what today’s email was going to say…not sure why anyone is surprised.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I’m sure everyone here would have taken that well. We knew exactly what today’s email was going to say…not sure why anyone is surprised.
did i say i was surprised? no im ticked off

Reactions: LCN

Sponsored

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
Seriously, people bitch because they don’t communicate and then bitch because they don’t like the communication.

Clearly does not matter what Rivian does, they will get complaints anyway…..

The complaints stem from the promise that delivery updates would be given end of summer, but instead they waited until the last moment to tell us to wait again. This email could have been sent much earlier to temper expectations since not every pre-order holder is on this forum. It comes off as insensitive.

Last edited:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
The complaints stem from the promise that delivery updates would be given end of summer, but instead they waited until the last moment to tell us to wait again. This email could have been sent much earlier to temper expectations since not every pre-order holder is on this forum. It comes of as insensitive.
They can’t tell us what they don’t know so they took a couple of swags and were off.

Anyone looking around at the state of affairs for all industries in the last 2 years can’t possibly think this is really a Rivian specific issue.

I had the same delays for my solar install last year and my Tesla power wall this year. Look at the delays with appliances and furniture. People just got spoiled with the pre-Covid days where virtually anything could be overnighted and car lots were full of vehicles.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

People just got spoiled with the pre-Covid days where virtually anything could be overnighted and car lots were full of vehicles.
I love this statement 😂
Are you telling us, Americans, to wait and forget about generations of plenty (food, comfort, cars, cheap gas…)???
I have to say that after 20 years in this country I had gotten used to this way of life.

Reactions: Guy

EV-X Oregon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Volvo XC 60, BWM X5, Honda Odessey
Occupation
Principal Real Estate Broker
The complaints stem from the promise that delivery updates would be given end of summer, but instead they waited until the last moment to tell us to wait again. This email could have been sent much earlier to temper expectations since not every pre-order holder is on this forum. It comes of as insensitive.
Well put! This correspondence missed summer completely, they didn't give us an updated delivery timeline, just gave us an email to update to no update with no timeline of delivery—hurry up and wait again —they've known they were going to add this feature for months to the website I'd assume. Makes for a bummer summer. Bummer du jour.

Texasag05

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-250 King Ranch, 2022 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Occupation
EVP, paving highways to drive these awesome vehicles
Hopefully sent to everyone cause I have an Oct - Dec timeline with no guide, no first ride no nothing and I received same form email. Hopefully my time frame isn’t pushing. Either way I won’t cancel. Not with being locked into pre March pricing and signed binding agreement.
Sponsored