Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Not yet, I just reached out to my Guide Wed to ask. He’s out until Monday, so hope he’ll have an update on the R1S shop. If nothing else would be nice to see it!
Fyi, if your guide is on call, you can email [email protected] There is always a back up guide. My guide seems to be on vacation every other week.
Sponsored

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

What was your delivery estimate before you were contacted? We ordered about 5 months after you and ours says Jan - June 2024 😟

OP
OP

JoseQ

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Explorer, 2021 RX 450L, 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineering
What was your delivery estimate before you were contacted? We ordered about 5 months after you and ours says Jan - June 2024 😟
It was the same as yours actually. I had changed the paint color just before the first time they posted the delivery estimates on the website and I think that had pushed me a bit back. So I'm not sure if they picked me from the original reservations list, or due to proximity or what sort of factor. Probably more luck than anything.

I did do one of their local events a few months back where some of the guys mentioned that I shouldn't have to wait that long considering when I reserved and that the R1S shop would begin rollout soon after and I would probably get access. I don't know if me being on that test drive list changed anything or what.

I really would love to know more about their process, but from what I can tell, it is somewhat of a lottery, perhaps based on the options selected and what's being canceled (and where). Based on how quickly it "arrived" I have to assume the car was actually here in Dallas already. There were a few dozen vehicles in the lot there when I went to pickup mine too which was surprising.

Lady there said they can deliver "up to 14 a day" but mostly busiest on weekends. They didn't have that many scheduled for my day (a Thursday).

Sponsored

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
Clubs

It was the same as yours actually. I had changed the paint color just before the first time they posted the delivery estimates on the website and I think that had pushed me a bit back. So I'm not sure if they picked me from the original reservations list, or due to proximity or what sort of factor. Probably more luck than anything.

I did do one of their local events a few months back where some of the guys mentioned that I shouldn't have to wait that long considering when I reserved and that the R1S shop would begin rollout soon after and I would probably get access. I don't know if me being on that test drive list changed anything or what.

I really would love to know more about their process, but from what I can tell, it is somewhat of a lottery, perhaps based on the options selected and what's being canceled (and where). Based on how quickly it "arrived" I have to assume the car was actually here in Dallas already. There were a few dozen vehicles in the lot there when I went to pickup mine too which was surprising.

Lady there said they can deliver "up to 14 a day" but mostly busiest on weekends. They didn't have that many scheduled for my day (a Thursday).
So based on your experience it sounds plausible that your was a cancellation?

We have the standard interior with el cap granite exterior and the standard road wheels/tires. We did add the front PPF later on but before the last delivery estimate.

I'm guessing here but I would think there are probably some cancellations due to the current state of the banking system and interest rates....or just general economic uncertainty.

Your R1S looks sweet though! The R1S is for the wife (I drive a Tesla Model Y). Still really looking forward to the Rivian.... probably more than she is 😃

OP
OP

JoseQ

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Explorer, 2021 RX 450L, 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineering
So based on your experience it sounds plausible that your was a cancellation?

We have the standard interior with el cap granite exterior and the standard road wheels/tires. We did add the front PPF later on but before the last delivery estimate.

I'm guessing here but I would think there are probably some cancellations due to the current state of the banking system and interest rates....or just general economic uncertainty.

Your R1S looks sweet though! The R1S is for the wife (I drive a Tesla Model Y). Still really looking forward to the Rivian.... probably more than she is 😃
Keep it for yourself. I've had an S and an X. This is considerably nicer inside. Software is not quite on par with Tesla's, but it's better than everything else I've used. The seats and the overall feel of it is definitely on a higher tier than Tesla.

And yes, sounds like a cancellation. I ended up getting a Launch Edition whereas my pre-order was for an Adventure. Everything on the R1S Shop was also Launch Editions so I have to assume all of those were cancellations as well.

Like you said, between banking, interest rates and also tech layoffs, a lot of people's plans have changed. Not to mention their short term outlook feeling a lot less certain if they're in the tech world (like I assume a good portion of early EV adopters are). One thing is to put down $1,000 to reserve, and another is to pull the lever on an $80K vehicle. Timing was a bit off for me but I decided to bite the bullet now rather than continue to wait until possibly 2024.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Keep it for yourself. I've had an S and an X. This is considerably nicer inside. Software is not quite on par with Tesla's, but it's better than everything else I've used. The seats and the overall feel of it is definitely on a higher tier than Tesla.

And yes, sounds like a cancellation. I ended up getting a Launch Edition whereas my pre-order was for an Adventure. Everything on the R1S Shop was also Launch Editions so I have to assume all of those were cancellations as well.

Like you said, between banking, interest rates and also tech layoffs, a lot of people's plans have changed. Not to mention their short term outlook feeling a lot less certain if they're in the tech world (like I assume a good portion of early EV adopters are). One thing is to put down $1,000 to reserve, and another is to pull the lever on an $80K vehicle. Timing was a bit off for me but I decided to bite the bullet now rather than continue to wait until possibly 2024.
It's tempting! I considered ordering the truck however the new pricing is a little out of my comfort zone. Yeah the Tesla is a great car ...I have been experimenting with the FSD beta....but the quality I feel should be better for the price point.

We plan to pull our ultralight 5,000lb travel trailer with it from time to time. It will be quite the adventure we are really looking forward to it.
Sponsored