First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Explorer, 2021 RX 450L, 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineering
I got a call about possibly getting a delivery sooner than scheduled last Thursday. Today, I'm driving this.

Rivian R1T R1S From Guide to Delivery in 7 Days! My New R1S 20230316_083952~2

From the first call, they made it sound like I'd get it mid-April. After the steps were opened (Friday), they said maybe 5-9 weeks. Supposedly it was in Normal, IL (I'm in TX). On Monday the delivery tab opened. They would've delivered yesterday if I had been available, so I took possession today at 8:30am.

Not sure there's anything that I could say that hasn't been discussed a million times here, but my process was super quick & smooth. So far I'm loving it.

I ended up with an upgrade I hadn't ordered (wheels) but otherwise it's the same as my pre-ordered config (Sept 2021).
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Dammmmm that's quick... and she sure looks good too!

Congrats!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
SHARP.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I got a call about possibly getting a delivery sooner than scheduled last Thursday. Today, I'm driving this.

20230316_083952~2.jpg

From the first call, they made it sound like I'd get it mid-April. After the steps were opened (Friday), they said maybe 5-9 weeks. Supposedly it was in Normal, IL (I'm in TX). On Monday the delivery tab opened. They would've delivered yesterday if I had been available, so I took possession today at 8:30am.

Not sure there's anything that I could say that hasn't been discussed a million times here, but my process was super quick & smooth. So far I'm loving it.

I ended up with an upgrade I hadn't ordered (wheels) but otherwise it's the same as my pre-ordered config (Sept 2021).
Friends and family????

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

20230316_083952~2.jpg

Awesome!!! How far from SC?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

It's going to be like this for a lot of people if you live close enough to a service center. Production numbers are going up and they need to get trucks in customer hands.
Also 2 weeks until the end of the quarter.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I would expect to see a wave of deliveries and factory pickups over the next 2 weeks to help 1st qtr delivery numbers.

Would be nice to get the difference between build and delivered so we can see if that delta is tightening but I do not think they will prOviedo that. Would love to see the R1T, R1S, and EDV breakdown as well for build and delivery.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I would expect to see a wave of deliveries and factory pickups over the next 2 weeks to help 1st qtr delivery numbers.

Would be nice to get the difference between build and delivered so we can see if that delta is tightening but I do not think they will prOviedo that. Would love to see the R1T, R1S, and EDV breakdown as well for build and delivery.
No chance they break that down anytime soon.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Jose for Mayor!!!!!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Looks awesome!

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

20230316_083952~2.jpg

Wow! Looks great! Congrats on the new ride! Hopefully I'll get mine soon!
Sponsored