First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Explorer, 2021 RX 450L, 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineering
Congrats, @JoseQ! The photo you posted is commercial quality. If you created that image, I'm impressed.
Thank you sir. I posted it on social media saying "The wait is over!" and many people (including my dad!) responded asking me when I was getting it, assuming I had posted an image from marketing. But yeah, that's my truck. =) I'm not a photographer though I do work in film so I'm probably above average for a non-photographer.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Got invited to the R1 shop three weeks ago and all I saw were green launch editions. Waited longerchecked in every few hours and when I found one I took a minute to think about it and it was GONE. Next day looked and there it was a Limestone/black with 22 inch bright wheels, I didn’t hesitate. Of course it was not an ocean coast interior, but after waiting and waiting I pulled the trigger. I zipped through the first 6 steps and finished the last two and my vehicle will be delivered Monday. About 50 miles from SC in Miami. The whole process from when I clicked on the shop was about 8 days! This 76yr old feels like 21 again!
That 76 yr old deserves a drink 🍸

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Picking up mine today at Dallas center as well. I am 9/19 pre order though !

OP
OP

JoseQ

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Picking up mine today at Dallas center as well. I am 9/19 pre order though !
Yeah I definitely got lucky with mine. Must've been some early pre-order that bailed as my pre-order was not launch edition. I don't know how/why I won the lottery but I'm fully aware I got super lucky.

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Yeah I definitely got lucky with mine. Must've been some early pre-order that bailed as my pre-order was not launch edition. I don't know how/why I won the lottery but I'm fully aware I got super lucky.
I have seen a few on facebook groups that got their cars early like you do when they get invite to R1s shop. Some of them are late 2021 and early 2022 pre orders.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Congratulations to JoseQ.

However, process is definitely weird:. Pre-ordered about 5 months earlier than OP, live closer to Dallas service center than OP (7.5 miles) and yet had estimated delivery pushed from 2nd quarter 2023 to 3rd quarter 2023 in January "In order to align with the opening of a Rivian Service Center planned in your area."

Have not heard a peep since then.....

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Enjoy the hell out of it.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Congratulations to JoseQ.

However, process is definitely weird:. Pre-ordered about 5 months earlier than OP, live closer to Dallas service center than OP (7.5 miles) and yet had estimated delivery pushed from 2nd quarter 2023 to 3rd quarter 2023 in January "In order to align with the opening of a Rivian Service Center planned in your area."

Have not heard a peep since then.....
Just go with it....

NDallasR1S

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Toyota Highlander
Clubs

I got a call about possibly getting a delivery sooner than scheduled last Thursday. Today, I'm driving this.

20230316_083952~2.jpg

From the first call, they made it sound like I'd get it mid-April. After the steps were opened (Friday), they said maybe 5-9 weeks. Supposedly it was in Normal, IL (I'm in TX). On Monday the delivery tab opened. They would've delivered yesterday if I had been available, so I took possession today at 8:30am.

Not sure there's anything that I could say that hasn't been discussed a million times here, but my process was super quick & smooth. So far I'm loving it.

I ended up with an upgrade I hadn't ordered (wheels) but otherwise it's the same as my pre-ordered config (Sept 2021).
Wow looks great @JoseQ, congrats! Are you in Dallas? I was assigned a guide just 3 weeks ago, but changed my configuration prior to locking it in with him. Now, I'm just showing as processing estimate 🤷‍♂️. Hoping your experience means it may happen faster than my Jul-Sep 2023 window.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JoseQ

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Wow looks great @JoseQ, congrats! Are you in Dallas? I was assigned a guide just 3 weeks ago, but changed my configuration prior to locking it in with him. Now, I'm just showing as processing estimate 🤷‍♂️. Hoping your experience means it may happen faster than my Jul-Sep 2023 window.
Have they given you access to the R1S shop? I think my difference was that I was flexible to find a match and wasn't married to my config. Some colors/configs don't seem to be getting canceled as many as others (assumption, I'm not sure why there were so many FGs when I briefly browsed the shop).

NDallasR1S

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Toyota Highlander
Clubs

Have they given you access to the R1S shop? I think my difference was that I was flexible to find a match and wasn't married to my config. Some colors/configs don't seem to be getting canceled as many as others (assumption, I'm not sure why there were so many FGs when I briefly browsed the shop).
Not yet, I just reached out to my Guide Wed to ask. He’s out until Monday, so hope he’ll have an update on the R1S shop. If nothing else would be nice to see it!