First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, Volvo xc90 recharge
Occupation
designer
In one month it would have been 4 years as a preorder holder. I’ve watched as my initial spec of a Yellow R1T with quad max and camp kitchen slowly dwindled away, but when the free matte wraps appeared on the store I pulled the trigger!

Rivian R1T R1S Free factory XPEL stealth wrap El Cap R1T delivered! IMG_8310

I negotiated for the truck to be delivered to my house - which was really nice and convenient rather than driving 30 mins with wife and baby to sacramento.

The wrap really pops on el cap! It’s the type that ends just short of the panel edge and doesn’t wrap around it. I did find a hair lodged in the wrap! (ew) but they said they would fix fit and finish items within a year which was a nice surprise.

Rivian R1T R1S Free factory XPEL stealth wrap El Cap R1T delivered! IMG_8325

I was amazed all the “accessories” you get when you add it all up between the air compressor hoses bag and the first aid kid and gear guard cable and charger.

I immediately took the wheel covers off and put the emblems on, as well as threw a spare tire i got off the forums in the back.

Of course we did what these trucks mainly do which was a costco run haha

Rivian R1T R1S Free factory XPEL stealth wrap El Cap R1T delivered! IMG_8350

Impressions:

1. loved the walk thru and key/profile setup process and the UI. i thought they might come with a wrist key but i guess that was just launch ed?
2. my wife and i agree the go pedal is way to hard to depress on max regen. that’s coming from a tesla 3 and volvo xc90 recharge so i enjoy strong regen, just not when it interferes with acceleration!
3. was hustling down some back roads and i think i would prefer the 22” sport rims for better corner carving - curious anyone’s experience with both?
4. the cameras are quite low res… i was trying to wait as long as i could to see what was in the refresh, cameras and driver assist might be worth it, tho i fear the quad will become a special Acent/R1x model that’s super expensive

excited for family adventures and getting out there with folks on the forum who have good spots to camp or bike, and try my hand at off-roading. i had an xterra back in 2001 and enjoyed meets immensely. hit me up if you’re near sac/tahoe or other norcal! obligatory proud papa pic

Rivian R1T R1S Free factory XPEL stealth wrap El Cap R1T delivered! IMG_8318
Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Congrats on your beautiful truck! That's a seriously thick and very white hair trapped under the PPF (ewww is right!). Adorable munchkin! I take it the frunk met with her approval?

Wishing you many trouble free and adventure laden miles.

Sponsored

OP
OP
iceman12578

iceman12578

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, Volvo xc90 recharge
Occupation
designer
hehe they ran my credit twice so i asked for something for two hard hits so it was worth the price of free :)

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
hehe they ran my credit twice so i asked for something for two hard hits so it was worth the price of free :)
Really?? You got a Rivian and should be happy with that and not try to keep bilking them out of free stuff.

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

Welcome after the long wait. I picked up my second R1T last weekend. Same color and wrap. Love the color with the wrap in both the sun and shade.

Taking it back Monday for some body alignments that I missed on the pickup, but the color and wrap are a hit in my eyes. Here's mine with the 20" AT option.

Enjoy your R1T. I like many on these forums, are avid fans and despite the growing pains of a new company, the product is amazing to drive!

Rivian R1T R1S Free factory XPEL stealth wrap El Cap R1T delivered! 20240511_131102

bgoleman

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Jeep
Congratulations! The truck looks fantastic! Is that picture of the "first aid kid"? She's adorable! Enjoy your truck!

JMACCA

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
Occupation
ANESTHESIOLOGIST
Clubs

In one month it would have been 4 years as a preorder holder. I’ve watched as my initial spec of a Yellow R1T with quad max and camp kitchen slowly dwindled away, but when the free matte wraps appeared on the store I pulled the trigger!

IMG_8310.jpg

I negotiated for the truck to be delivered to my house - which was really nice and convenient rather than driving 30 mins with wife and baby to sacramento.

The wrap really pops on el cap! It’s the type that ends just short of the panel edge and doesn’t wrap around it. I did find a hair lodged in the wrap! (ew) but they said they would fix fit and finish items within a year which was a nice surprise.

IMG_8325.jpeg

I was amazed all the “accessories” you get when you add it all up between the air compressor hoses bag and the first aid kid and gear guard cable and charger.

I immediately took the wheel covers off and put the emblems on, as well as threw a spare tire i got off the forums in the back.

Of course we did what these trucks mainly do which was a costco run haha

IMG_8350.jpeg

Impressions:

1. loved the walk thru and key/profile setup process and the UI. i thought they might come with a wrist key but i guess that was just launch ed?
2. my wife and i agree the go pedal is way to hard to depress on max regen. that’s coming from a tesla 3 and volvo xc90 recharge so i enjoy strong regen, just not when it interferes with acceleration!
3. was hustling down some back roads and i think i would prefer the 22” sport rims for better corner carving - curious anyone’s experience with both?
4. the cameras are quite low res… i was trying to wait as long as i could to see what was in the refresh, cameras and driver assist might be worth it, tho i fear the quad will become a special Acent/R1x model that’s super expensive

excited for family adventures and getting out there with folks on the forum who have good spots to camp or bike, and try my hand at off-roading. i had an xterra back in 2001 and enjoyed meets immensely. hit me up if you’re near sac/tahoe or other norcal! obligatory proud papa pic

IMG_8318.jpeg
Awesome looking truck!!

Zeusy Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Congrats on the beautiful car brother I’m in the same boat picking mine up soon. Cheers!
Sponsored