Sponsored

Free charging? (sorry if answered already)

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Good evening

If this has been answered already, I apologize. Many EV's have offered some type of free charging with purchase. Porsche I believe offers 3 years free charging. When I got my tesla in 2017 it had free lifetime charging.

Has rivian announced any type of incentive as far as free charging for a specific time frame?

Stay well, Stay safe

Adam
Sponsored

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
Good evening

If this has been answered already, I apologize. Many EV's have offered some type of free charging with purchase. Porsche I believe offers 3 years free charging. When I got my tesla in 2017 it had free lifetime charging.

Has rivian announced any type of incentive as far as free charging for a specific time frame?

Stay well, Stay safe

Adam
I have not heard of anything on free charging. We do know that the Rivian Adventure Network will be exclusive to the brand, so maybe they offer an incentive on their charging network. Hopefully we find out more soon.

OP
OP
abirozy

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

I have not heard of anything on free charging. We do know that the Rivian Adventure Network will be exclusive to the brand, so maybe they offer an incentive on their charging network. Hopefully we find out more soon.
Thanks for the fast response.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
No, though there has been tons of speculation about this given that so many of the competitors either do this or say they plan to do it and the high prices charged by the networks. It is thought by many that Rivian almost has to do this to be competitive. But then we all thought they would be selling 400 mile cars to be competitive. Perhaps they will subsidize charging to some extent by charging more reasonable prices in the Rivian network and deem that sufficient.
Sponsored