Sponsored

anotherburrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3 LR + Boost
This weekend I remembered that I had this Rola branded trunk organizer for my wife's SUV that she's not using anymore. It's been in storage in the garage so it's pretty dirty, but you get the idea.

I'm tired of stuff like my daughter's basketball rolling around in the gear tunnel, so I tried it in there and it fits pretty good. When trying to remove/slide it out it rubs a bit, so it's not perfect. Here are a few photos though.

Amazon link

Rivian R1T R1S Found a Decent Gear Tunnel Organizer and/or Frunk Organizer IMG_6034

Rivian R1T R1S Found a Decent Gear Tunnel Organizer and/or Frunk Organizer IMG_6033

Rivian R1T R1S Found a Decent Gear Tunnel Organizer and/or Frunk Organizer IMG_6032
Sponsored

Sponsored

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
This weekend I remembered that I had this Rola branded trunk organizer for my wife's SUV that she's not using anymore. It's been in storage in the garage so it's pretty dirty, but you get the idea.

I'm tired of stuff like my daughter's basketball rolling around in the gear tunnel, so I tried it in there and it fits pretty good. When trying to remove/slide it out it rubs a bit, so it's not perfect. Here are a few photos though.

Amazon link

IMG_6034.jpg

IMG_6033.jpg

IMG_6032.jpg
WOMA. Wide Open Market Opportunity for all the outdoor adventure brands to offer products to fit the unique spaces in the R1.

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

I really hope some aftermarket sources jump on the opportunity here. Frunk, gear tunnel and center console can be way better utilized with proper organization

RivianBowerbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm looking for solutions for the under-seat rear storage. Don't want things rattling around in there and so far I've been stumped. Also can't wait for the aftermarket to kick in.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'm looking for solutions for the under-seat rear storage. Don't want things rattling around in there and so far I've been stumped. Also can't wait for the aftermarket to kick in.
That's where you put your doggo platform.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
That's where you put your doggo platform.
I haven't figured out the full doggo solution, yet. So far, I'm just using an ordinary "hammock" and that takes up too much space. I think I need to find someone on etsy to make a custom enclosure over the subwoofer side.
The "real" solution is for Rivian to offer a "rear seat delete" kit (something that allows the rear seats to be completely removed and level the rear cargo area floor.) Maybe they could also offer a subwoofer "detach" kit (something to house the sub with a connector and fasteners … or move it to the frunk or tunnel … the Munro teardown shows some "ports" between these spaces that could be used for a sub … not that I pretend to know much about the engineering behind car audio systems … this one in the R1T sounds better than the one in the F-150, beyond that, I wouldn't say it's other-worldy, but respectably well above average.)

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

There was a video (that of course I can’t find now), where someone made a dog platform by cutting a piece of OSB to fit the entire run of the rear under seat storage and attached plastic/vinyl black diamond plate material to the front side. Then, they ripped it down the middle & put a couple of hinges on the back so it could fold up & slide into the gear tunnel when not in use.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
There was a video (that of course I can’t find now), where someone made a dog platform by cutting a piece of OSB to fit the entire run of the rear under seat storage and attached plastic/vinyl black diamond plate material to the front side. Then, they ripped it down the middle & put a couple of hinges on the back so it could fold up & slide into the gear tunnel when not in use.
I did the same, except I also made a little extension to cover the remaining portion of the storage bin when both seats are up. There are some pegs that the seats fold onto that you can drill some holes into the platform to hold it in place, but folks will need to contour the back around the seat belt holders.
Rivian R1T R1S Found a Decent Gear Tunnel Organizer and/or Frunk Organizer 20220618_235520
Rivian R1T R1S Found a Decent Gear Tunnel Organizer and/or Frunk Organizer 20220618_235407

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
I got a center floor storage cheapo solution from Amazon (no funny rubber smell). The primary purpose for mine is to hold my large metal insulated water bottle so it doesn't roll around while driving. Here is what it looks like and link:
Car Seat Organizer - Back Seat & Front Seat Storage Bag with Seat Belt Attachment, Cup holders and Foldable Pockets - Water Resistant Backseat Organizer for Toys, Snacks and other utensils https://a.co/d/egefoZX

Rivian R1T R1S Found a Decent Gear Tunnel Organizer and/or Frunk Organizer IMG_20220730_165422

Rivian R1T R1S Found a Decent Gear Tunnel Organizer and/or Frunk Organizer IMG_20220730_165644

Rivian R1T R1S Found a Decent Gear Tunnel Organizer and/or Frunk Organizer IMG_20220730_165658

Hindley_Milner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I bought two of these and really like them. The length is pretty much exactly right, they're easy to get in and out, the compartments are configurable, tons of pockets, they fold up very small and can fit wherever when not in use, and there's enough room to still put e.g. toolboxes underneath or folding chairs on top.

You can pull them out onto the gear tunnel door and load them up, then push them back in. Makes groceries 100x easier, and has come in handy a bunch of times for everything else. Can't beat $60 to fix the gear tunnel IMO.

Rivian R1T R1S Found a Decent Gear Tunnel Organizer and/or Frunk Organizer 1666705402002

Rivian R1T R1S Found a Decent Gear Tunnel Organizer and/or Frunk Organizer 1666705451803
Sponsored