Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

History of the Magnetic Jack Puck by JackPucks.com

Purchase JackPucks.com Magnetic Jack Pucks Click Here

Our magnetic jack pucks will ensure you or anyone lifting your Rivian R1T or R1S for any type of service related to the tires and wheels always have the right tool for the job.

Here is our story. I reserved on 12/08/2018 at the LA Auto Show, then I waited and waited (s00n was the cry) for my R1T to be a reality and when it was, I was amazed, thrilled, overjoyed and I still am all of those things. Sure, there are challenges, I understand, but this has been an amazing truck for me. 13,500 miles later.....how Rivian inspired me to venture forth is my own story and I'm sure many of yours.

August 2022: Quite a few long time forum members have built products and showcased them here (as well as sell them online), so I thought I would do the same. Why? I had no way to lift my truck in the beginning days as I didn't have a spare which meant I didn't have a jack puck! So, I used an o ring design puck and it wouldn't even work on the front two jack locations on the truck and decided then and there, that a magnetic design was the solution, so after drilling my own (months ago), getting some high powered fridge magnets, it kinda worked, but lacked the specific energy to hold.

Oct. 2022: Fast forward to the present and a few design updates along the way, I have actually designed, put into a Solid Works profile and released multiple CNC STEP drawings and am in production now. We used 5 high-energy NdFeB magnets, 6061 T6 aluminum, and anodized them Red.

The pictures below are the pre-production version (I left the groove on as a symbol to me, it would be the end of o rings and grooves forever) and it's now in pre-sale for shipment to customers in 30 days. Response has been overwhelming already, but we thought it would be, so we're cutting metal now on hundreds upon hundreds of our NeoHOT (Neodymium - Hot for hot pressed) magnetic jack pucks. Thank you for the inspiration Rivian Forums! The first batch is retail $220, Sale $180 for a set of four (4) with a zippered case, or a single puck (1) retail is $65, Sale $55 and we'll reset pricing after selling out.

Jan 2023 Update: The above seems like so long ago already as we're launching round 3 of production with a continual improvement process. We have the largest installed base of magnetic jack pucks by a substantial margin, but we can't rest on that. The marketplace now has at least four admirers of our magnetic jack puck solution, which makes it an exciting time for Rivian owners and those developing products.

From a modified QuickJack lift pad in early April 2022, to this!! Quite a transformation.
Rivian R1T R1S Innovative Invention: The History of Magnetic Jack Pucks for Rivian Vehicles IMG20221123102313

Rivian R1T R1S Innovative Invention: The History of Magnetic Jack Pucks for Rivian Vehicles IMG20221024155217

Rivian R1T R1S Innovative Invention: The History of Magnetic Jack Pucks for Rivian Vehicles IMG20221031145537

Rivian R1T R1S Innovative Invention: The History of Magnetic Jack Pucks for Rivian Vehicles IMG20221027071856

Sponsored

Last edited:

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Looks great. Do you think you would ever do a Rivian Yellow run? Also any storage options for the 4 pack?

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Looks great. Do you think you would ever do a Rivian Yellow run? Also any storage options for the 4 pack?
Initially I settled in on a single color, but once I can gauge volume (which is going to be solid), we can look at other options. The first large quantity will be in Red. Yes, all four puck orders come with a zippered case.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
How does one order? Delivery estimate?

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Sponsored

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Awesome! Looking forward to getting a set

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 infiniti G37 convertible, 2010 expedition
Occupation
retired computer designer
Clubs

ordered, and no R1S yet! JAN/FEB

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
While I recently purchased an “o-ring” version from another, but I want to support this effort and will now place my order!
I did same. I have a set of (4) o-ring pucks but the fronts won't engage and the orings rip apart on the backs. So when I saw Marks I went all in and ordered a set of (4). Can't wait to get them....ready for a rotation so one more use of the oring units and then living the magnet life!

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Done! 4x

Last edited:

elfordon

First Name
Elfordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Large Charge Marge (Max Pack R1T)
Occupation
retired
Clubs

these look great! but my max pack is so delayed I'm wondering if there will be changes between now and then that would render these useless. ha! probably not, but you never know.

(the real reason I don't buy them now is because they would be constant reminders that I have Rivian pucks but not a Rivian truck. :crying:)

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

[/QUOTE]
Done. Order ending in ZQ3 is mine.
I did same. I have a set of (4) o-ring pucks but the fronts won't engage and the orings rip apart on the backs. So when I saw Marks I went all in and ordered a set of (4). Can't wait to get them....ready for a rotation so one more use of the oring units and then living the magnet life!
ordered, and no R1S yet! JAN/FEB
Awesome! Looking forward to getting a set
Thank you everyone! It's funny, but people say they love turning up the volume on that quick little video to hear the SNAP of the puck against the chassis!

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

these look great! but my max pack is so delayed I'm wondering if there will be changes between now and then that would render these useless. ha! probably not, but you never know.

(the real reason I don't buy them now is because they would be constant reminders that I have Rivian pucks but not a Rivian truck. :crying:)
We all specified a Max Pack back in Dec of 2018! Hang in there and thanks for the support!
Sponsored