Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I’ve been on the inter webs way too much lately - when I first saw the headline of this thread I assumed it was misspelled and should have read “Fort Worth Texas OKs Tax Brakes”.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Rivian R1T R1S Fort Worth Texas OKs Tax Breaks For Proposed Rivian Factory! yeehaw-lasso

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

First, Dolly, and now, this? What's next? Another Taylor Swift video? Dude! I should never open one of your posts so late at night! It messes with my sleep, just like trying to nod off by reading some Stephen King. ? ??? ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I’ve been on the inter webs way too much lately - when I first saw the headline of this thread I assumed it was misspelled and should have read “Fort Worth Texas OKs Tax Brakes”.
Don't give the folks in D.C. any ideas! ?

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Just found this on a construction database:
Rivian R1T R1S Fort Worth Texas OKs Tax Breaks For Proposed Rivian Factory! 1629476616580

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Targeted completion in 2027, so... yeah... Elon's quip on twitter was pretty silly and out of line. Maybe he should apply his same advice to himself and Tesla first.... Self-driving cars are really really hard, and nobody has accomplished it yet in the real world, so maybe, Elon, you shouldn't get caught in side projects like humanoid robots that will keep you from getting the first project finished on time. Oh... wait... you missed that deadline years ago.

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

The whole Full Self-Driving vehicle concept just strikes me as being too new to embrace for quite awhile yet. A lot of tech seems fine to adopt early, but for me, not this one. Trusting my life to FSD at this point seems fraught with more issues than I'm willing to accept. It'll get here, but I want it to arrive in one piece, and with no dents and dings.

This is serious stuff!

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I hope the property in the Fort Worth area has some 3-dimensional aspects to it. That would be fun if any plant there does include a similar playground to the one in Normal. Rivian did a great job of building Mt. Rivian, the drift course, and the rolling undulations to go with the oval track, so im hoping any new course may have some natural land features to work with. If it's anywhere close to the fun available at the Normal facility, it'll be great!
Sponsored