Sponsored

FOREST GREEN R1T Photos

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
I'm not a classic watch guy. Never will be. Would drive me crazy.

That's one hell of a sexy watch.
Yes it is, and I am hoping the Forest Green has a similar look.

BTW, Seiko has updated the Alpinist under the Prospex lineup.
Sponsored

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician
Shit. I am R1S Midnight res holder. Saw compass yellow, looks hot. Forest green looks regal. I am pulled hard by FG. I need to see Midnight and FG on the R1S side by side to decide I think. Ocean coast interior either way which works well I think.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I wish I could see it in person to get a better grasp of the color, all the Rivian colors for that matter. But yeah I agree metallic colors do not photograph very well.

The meteor grey of my Audi, looks so much better in person than in pictures. Which is one of the reason I have been going back and fourth on el Cappe, hoping it would be like the meteor grey.

20170525_194709.jpg

But my hope is that FG matches the Green/Gold combination of the Seiko Alpinist watch that I own and love how it looks in person,

post_7_10441.jpg
g2b6k78dfps21.jpg
Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos SmartSelect_20210917-201754_Chrome

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

My concern with OC is that I've seen more than a few pictures that show it having a more than slight blue hue to it, which I'm not so sure about pairing with green. It's possible that it's just bad photos/lighting, but ?‍♂

But I'm also in LOVE with FE. I'm pretty sold on my FG exterior, but I'm still waffling on switching to Compass Yellow, after seeing it in person. Even if I switch to yellow though, still 100% planning on keeping the FE.
FYI, as you will see around these Forums, from those of us fortunate enough to attend the event in Normal, Ocean Coast appears to be a more neutral gray than bright white or a light bluish hue. I'm always amazed at how the Configurator and so many Smart Phones can make it look so different from shot to shot. I realize they all take in the lighting differently, but we all seem to share the opinion that OC is a light gray.

As always, if you get the chance to see all colors in person, before having to make a decision, all the better.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
FYI, as you will see around these Forums, from those of us fortunate enough to attend the event in Normal, Ocean Coast appears to be a more neutral gray than bright white or a light bluish hue. I'm always amazed at how the Configurator and so many Smart Phones can make it look so different from shot to shot. I realize they all take in the lighting differently, but we all seem to share the opinion that OC is a light gray.

As always, if you get the chance to see all colors in person, before having to make a decision, all the better.
Given the name, I suspect there’s a tiiiiny bit of blue/grey in the “white” of ocean coast. Definitely have to see them all in person, in daylight.

Was it overcast the entire time in normal, @DuckTruck?

Sponsored

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Thanks again! Time to switch back to forest green! Not that mine will be delivered in the next year…

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Given the name, I suspect there’s a tiiiiny bit of blue/grey in the “white” of ocean coast. Definitely have to see them all in person, in daylight.

Was it overcast the entire time in normal, @DuckTruck?
Both sunny and overcast conditions. Light gray in both.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Both sunny and overcast conditions. Light gray in both.
Not ocean coast buuut did you happen to snag any pictures of our beloved forest edge in daylight?

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

FYI, as you will see around these Forums, from those of us fortunate enough to attend the event in Normal, Ocean Coast appears to be a more neutral gray than bright white or a light bluish hue. I'm always amazed at how the Configurator and so many Smart Phones can make it look so different from shot to shot. I realize they all take in the lighting differently, but we all seem to share the opinion that OC is a light gray
This makes me feel much better about OC with two small children. The FG/OC combo is just such a clean look and I think with the glass roof the interior with OC will feel absolutely cavernous.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Sponsored

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

Perhaps the pictures below will shed some light on the Forest Green and Ocean Coast in an R1S. These were taken at the Atlanta event in late 2019 pre-pandemic. I'm including front, side and rear views. The nice part about the combination is that the colors compliment each other very well. I'm also including an LA Silver R1T, which from the side view I believe is the Forest Edge interior. This too was from the Atlanta show. I believe these to be pretty accurate, as the colors of the wood grain in the dash matches the color of the seats in the configurator. They did not show any Black interior at either the LA Auto Show or the Atlanta event, so i never saw that one.

Hope these help in your decision. Right now I'm pretty firm on the Ocean Coast interior. I like the brightness of the interior. It will contracts well with the dark glass roof panels. As has been stated in past posts, Ocean Coast is not a white, but more of a very muted light gray similar to these text boxes in the forum posts. The border in the post is white, but where we type is much closer to the color of the Ocean Coast, (maybe in between would be closest).

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos R1T LA Silver Forest Edge Dash view

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos R1S Forest Green Ocean Coast Front View

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos R1S Forest Green Ocean Coast Rear View

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos R1S Forest Green  Ocean Coast